Under active thyroid.

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Inmyownworld

Under active thyroid.

Post by Inmyownworld »

Dd had a blood test before test I rang up for results few days before she sat test and was told by receptionist thAt it had come back normal. So I never mentioned it when she went for test.

However I've since had a phone call to say it did come back positive that her brain is working harder to keep it at normal level, hence why she is tired and she did say on test day she had to redo nvr section cause she missed 12 out but forgot to leave space and put answer 13 in 12 and so on, but was happy enough.

I don't think she has quite scored enough, is it worth speaking to them or appealing?

Many thanks
DC17C

Re: Under active thyroid.

Post by DC17C »

Have you actually got the results yet?
With any appeal you will need to show that you have alternative evidence of high academic attainment. The blood test result may help explain a lower than expected score but would not be enough without academic evidence. Have look through the appeals section as there is a huge amount of information already available that may help you to work out what to do should the results be disappointing.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

is it worth speaking to them
Best to report it in writing. They may or may not be interested, but it might possibly help an appeal if you've reported any problem at the earliest opportunity - preferably before the result/outcome is known.
or appealing?
As DC17C points out, the main focus of an appeal against non-qualification should be alternative academic evidence of high ability:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... cation#b11" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
Inmyownworld

Post by Inmyownworld »

Yes we have got the results back, she is looking at level 5 plus for sats.

But score from test I don't think is quite enough.

I'll ring school tomorrow, seeing consultant this week about thyroid.

Thank you
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

I'll ring school tomorrow
For appeal purposes, you need to report the matter in writing - and keep a copy as evidence.
Etienne
Inmyownworld

Post by Inmyownworld »

Thank you, just wasn't sure if I'm making a fuss out of nothing. She did say she messed up when she came out and I was going to go back but didn't want to cause a fuss, she seemed happy that she had sorted problem. With results for getting in changing every year it's hard to see if she got enough points. But tends to be 277 or 285 are lowest most years. From what I understand they just take the top 120 scores so I don't think appeal would work. And don't think they would let her do the catch up test cause she has already done it.