Anyone's DC sit the Halifax test on Saturday?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Yorkshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

pippli12

Anyone's DC sit the Halifax test on Saturday?

Post by pippli12 »

My dd sat at Crossley's on Saturday - found the maths quite hard and didn't finish but found the rest just about bearable!

Does anyone know if the late sitters get given the same exam? There's a child in her class who was ill on the day and the other kids don't know if they can talk about it or not!

Thanks
mitasol

Re: Anyone's DC sit the Halifax test on Saturday?

Post by mitasol »

I don't know for certain but I think they will probably use the same test. At this stage it is probably best not to discuss the details.
hanyrose

Post by hanyrose »

I'm new to this forum. Decided to join as my DD has just sat the exam last Sat and i'm getting sooo nervous about the results. She found the vr easy and completed it all but missed approx 6 questions of the maths paper. It would be nice to talk to other parents going through the same. Is it normal to get so obsessed about the results??
annie321

Post by annie321 »

They all said the maths was really hard to finish - I think it's the same every year. Nearly impossible to answer 40 questions in 30 mins! Roll on next week.
hanyrose

Post by hanyrose »

Eek i know. I've even been doing calculations in my head trying to work out what marks she could possibly get if she got so many wrong etc! Mad, i know. But she's our first to sit the exam and has worked her socks off recently. Also my nephew (who is way more confident, as is often the case with boys) has sat the exam too so i think my DD would be gutted if he went through but she didn't. The last pre test she did was in July and she scored 158 but had missed alot of the vr questions. She's since been scoring over 92% on average with the practice papers so i'm trying to remain positive.
annie321

Post by annie321 »

Just to give you some comfort, my daughter took it last year and missed 10 maths questions. She just put down guesses when they said a minute to go. She came 70th so there's obviously no need to finish the maths if you do well in the VR and the maths questions that you actually have time to answer!
pippli12

Post by pippli12 »

That’s good to know annie321, thanks.
It does feel much more like a lottery looking back on the experience.. dc might do their preparation but how they feel on the day/the question types that come up also have a massive impact. Very mixed feelings about the process....I can't help thinking sometimes it’s a nutty thing to put our 10 year olds through!
Lilysmum

Post by Lilysmum »

Mine sat at Crossleys too. I've kept looking at this board but it's been so quiet so it's nice to know people are around during the next week while we wait for the results.

Same expereience here as others - VR ok and got finished - maths didn't have time for a few of them.
Docb

Post by Docb »

Our Son also Sat the exam on Sat, same thing with the maths, guessed last 8. fingers crossed.
eviepie123

Post by eviepie123 »

My DS Sat it year before last and didn't do the last 6 maths questions. He just guessed and he ranked 21st. DR Sat it this year and I'm not quite as obsessed but close!!! :?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now