Sleeping late helps Grade improvement?

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
tiffinboys

Sleeping late helps Grade improvement?

Post by tiffinboys »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-29461685" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I always knew that. :lol: :lol:
Tolstoy

Re: Sleeping late helps Grade improvement?

Post by Tolstoy »

Think I'm still a teen :lol:
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

Not keen. I've always been far more productive in the he mornings and have never really slept in. Surely the problem with teens is one of going to bed too late, not getting up too early? I personally don't believe that sleep after 8am is nearly as valuable as sleep before midnight. Just personal experience not a trial or anything, but me and those around me.

My boys also get up early, but when and if they don't, I fully intend to employ the Hoover (despite my hated of it!) to make the corridor outside bedrooms a very noisy place in order to maintain a decent up time! They certainly won't be tired enough to go to bed earlier if they are allowed to sleep late!
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

When we run our summer holiday provision at work, we know that there's no way we'll see any of our seniors before midday! In fact, we're thinking of changing the timings next year as this year many of them were just starting to turn up as we were shutting at 3 :shock:

Juniors, however, are battering the door down at 10am :lol:

JD
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

My DSs are split into early risers (DH gene) and late (my genes). Once DS1 hit teenage-hood he turned into a late sleeper. Yes he started going to bed late but when he was younger late nights still resulted in an early morning. He is now 17 and I have noted that he has started to revert back to early mornings. DS2 who goes to sleep earlier than him will always naturally wake up later, his mother's son :wink: . There is definitely something in this theory.
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

I fully intend to employ the Hoover (despite my hated of it!) to make the corridor outside bedrooms a very noisy place in order to maintain a decent up time!
Unless you walk in on them, remove the quilt entirely and put it out of reach, pull up the blinds, and actually use the Hoover in their room, or even on their body....use the attachment to Hoover the fleas out of their hair....They will simply sleep through or purposely ignore you.

Son number one is up with the lark to row weekend mornings and has rowed 10km before most of us are awake, so if he wants a lie in during holidays, and he isn't rowing early, that is his choice, and he does enjoy a laze too. His youngest bruv is an early riser whatever time he goes to bed, middle bruv sleeps very heavily and quickly from 9pm most nights, so gets up about 7am, but he leads a frankly exhausting life.
I barely get past 9.30pm before I am dribbling from the corner of my mouth "watching" some trash on telly, g&t going flat on the coffee table, dh covertly risking a channel change before I wake up and declare, "i was watching that." :oops:
Son number one deffo seems to sleep more during big growth spurts too, he grew two inches over summer and was falling asleep on very short car journeys even.
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

DS2 will sleep anywhere, always has. Church pews etc. As soon as he sits in a moving vehicle he's gone,is there a snoring icon it would be him. I am sure it is why he hates using public transport and refused to take public transport to school, scared he would wake up miles after is stop.
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

I've always found a paper round does the trick - they're very good at getting up when there's hard cash at the end of it. :wink:
Marylou
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now