Applying for schools

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Sai

Applying for schools

Post by Sai »

My son has got 300.75 in the exams this year.can I still give my preference for grammar school while applying for schools?
ToadMum

Re: Applying for schools

Post by ToadMum »

Sai wrote:My son has got 300.75 in the exams this year.can I still give my preference for grammar school while applying for schools?
You can - and if you want to appeal you would have to - but he will be turned down. If you are applying for SHSB / WHSB then he would be rejected on the grounds of not meeting the required standard (we've been there with DD under the old system :( ); for the other schools where there is theoretically no 'pass mark', presumably it would be on the grounds that too many others got a higher score.

However, if in your heart of hearts, you know that the score he got was, well, his score, then it might be better just to 'move on' and concentrate on schools for which he is qualified, rather than putting yourselves through the stress of an appeal and wasting a place on your CAF.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now