Selection appeal form

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Selection appeal form

Post by Guest »

Does anyone have any advice on how to complete the Selection Appeal Form and accompanying supporting information, if the headteacher's summary sheet is not ready for the appeal deadline. The head says she will be giving level 2 support based on her order of suitability. The Appeal Form states in Step 5 that one of the boxes must be ticked (either summary sheet included or do not intend to include it).

Many thanks.
Etienne

Re: Selection appeal form

Post by Etienne »

Dear "Guest"

I suggest you wait for the head's summary sheet. In this situation it won't matter if you miss the appeal deadline (because it's not your fault).
Etienne
Mark A

Post by Mark A »

Dear Etienne
Thank you for getting back to me, although it feels wrong to me not to get my appeal in in time. Do you think it's possible to send in my yellow form, explaining the situation and saying that the other information will follow? Is this situation common? I have not seen any reference to it in this excellent forum.

Mark
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Mark

I think the Bucks appeal form is worded as it is because they don't want the head's statement coming in separately. In any case, they won't arrange your appeal until they have both bits of paper, or a declaration that you don't want the head's statement admitted as evidence! [I wouldn't recommend the latter!]

If you apply late, you must explain why. But I assure you this particular explanation will be accepted.

Of course, if the head is very late, then I would suggest a phone call to the appeals office to check what you should do (01296 383695/383677/383384).

Trust me. :D
Etienne
Mark A

Post by Mark A »

Thanks Etienne, that's very helpful and reassuring.
Mark