What's Wilmington Girls like?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Mumsy77

What's Wilmington Girls like?

Post by Mumsy77 »

Just wondering what the atmosphere is like at Wilmington Grammar for Girls? My daughter was put off following seeing the school on the day of the kent test.
MerlinFromCamelot

Re: What's Wilmington Girls like?

Post by MerlinFromCamelot »

My friend has a DD there, now year 10. She is very happy with the school.
We did our test at Wilmington girls as well but DD refuses to view it because of her experience on the day.. Can't blame her really. Grateful we passed Bexley, Wilmington would probably have been our best Kent option. Not sure what the criteria for DGS are for OCC.
Mumsy77

Post by Mumsy77 »

Exactly! The bad experience of the test day has put my daughter off the school!
vaani2003

Post by vaani2003 »

Mumsy77 wrote:Just wondering what the atmosphere is like at Wilmington Grammar for Girls? My daughter was put off following seeing the school on the day of the kent test.
Mumsy77, i believe we all know that looks don't matter its what inside that matters:) And moreover school is located beautifully in the greener pasture and not next to the shopping centres, like some of them are :)

My daughter is in Wilmington Grammar for Girls. It's a great school with great curriculum, no bullying, teachers are very nice, great school clubs and very relaxed atmosphere. We are very thankful and glad our daughter is going to that school !

cheers
MerlinFromCamelot

Post by MerlinFromCamelot »

It was the attitude of the staff that made DD want to run for the hills. Not the buildings, grounds etc... Non of the girls from DD school who went there for the test are going to view for the same reason.
Growingtofast

Post by Growingtofast »

I loved this school and would dearly have loved my daughter to have gone there especially as her brother attends the boys school. Unfortunately we were unsuccessful yesterday by a long way.

We are fortunate in that we have a plan B with a place already secured at Knole Academy under the performing arts criteria.

So on the upside we don't have to wait until March now, my daughter is extremely happy and we will not be taking up a place at Wilmington via the sibling rule.

I know first impressions tend to stick, but I would seriously recommend visiting this school before you discount it.

Good luck to all those that apply :D
Lynne24

Post by Lynne24 »

I was going to come on and post this question. I have to say though, when my son took the Kent Test at WGSB (he is now in Yr 12) he was not impressed with the teachers and not that keen, but when we went to the open day that changed his mind entirely. He ended up going to WGSB and loved every minute of it. So please do not discount it totally.

We have been told by the Admissions Officer at WGSG that as her brother is already in the school she is more than likely to get a place but we would love a bit of extra background from people who's daughters have attended if that's ok?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now