New head

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now

New head

Post by Guest »

We have a new head starting in the summer term, will she be allowed to appeal in the head teacher appeals or would the deputy be better.

I know I will have to make myself known to her but any advise please. :?

Post by Guest »

State primary schools generally keep very detailed notes of each child's progress. Their level in each subject will probably have been tracked every term since they started at the school, along with every test result, assessment etc. As a school governor I have seen the type of records which our school keeps and they are very thorough. They also enable the head to see at a glance how a child is progressing (and has progressed over time) relative to their peer group. The new head should, therefore, have the knowledge to support you. In any case, even a long standing head would no doubt also ask the child's teacher(s) for their comments.

Post by Guest »

State primary schools generally keep very detailed notes of each child's progress. Their level in each subject will probably have been tracked every term since they started at the school, along with every test result, assessment etc. As a school governor I have seen the type of records which our school keeps and they are very thorough. They also enable the head to see at a glance how a child is progressing (and has progressed over time) relative to their peer group. The new head should, therefore, have the knowledge to support you. In any case, even a long standing head would no doubt also ask the child's teacher(s) for their comments.