The Out of Catchment Area Misery

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Mama H

The Out of Catchment Area Misery

Post by Mama H »

We have just got through the pass or fail hurdle and now have to deal with the meaning of the scores. it is all so new and I am not a mathematician by any description. We surely cannot wait until March, I would like to enlist the expertise of those who are number crunchers and let us see the likely accepted scores for the different schools this year. Last year's pass was 360 this year's 320. Does this mean that last year's 360 is 400 in this year's currency? We have been advised that the supers electives will be reducing their figures consequentially, in my mind this means Judd will accept 380 this year - Right or Wrong?
Ladymuck

Re: The Out of Catchment Area Misery

Post by Ladymuck »

Most parents applying to superselectives are in the same boat, including those living in county. Sutton parents don't even find out the score.

What you can do, is send a freedom of information request to KCC asking for a list of the number of boys/girls who obtained an aggregate score of 380, 381, 382 etc to 420. This will probably give you a better idea of the competition. I guess you could ask them to break down the scores by In county and out of county, though not sure whether that will help you.

But everyone is facing a new set of results, and we can only point you to what the schools themselves are saying.
Mama H

Post by Mama H »

Considering putting in a FOI application to KCC has anyone done so already or did so last year. If you don't mind please share.
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

If you look at last year's threads, you'll see that someone did. She then kindly emailed it to anyone who wanted the details (as it would be too much to type).
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

Found my copy. For each score between 400 and 423 it gave the number of in county boys, out of county boys, in county girls and out of county girls. The email to me was dated 6 November.
amfnc

Post by amfnc »

How far away do you live Mama H? Is a top score you're only option?
Mama H

Post by Mama H »

I think so. We live in Swanley and not keen at all in Wilmington for personal reasons. Can someone please give me the link to last's FOI details. Thanks
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now