Where is everybody??

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
miltonkeynes

Where is everybody??

Post by miltonkeynes »

This wait seems to get harder by the day!!
grammar2014

Re: Where is everybody??

Post by grammar2014 »

I'm here with you, tbh I've not posted that much because there doesn't seem to be much of a presence on here. I've looked at last year to get an idea of whether results were early or as expected and it seems that it was busier last year. Anyway fingers crossed that the news will arrive tomorrow or Saturday. Eek. Good luck :)
yunny

Post by yunny »

yes I'm with both of u too, think alty girls this sat as the boys website states that results will be posted out on Fri so assuming girls the same. And yes it is quiet on here, not sure whether people are lurking or just don't want to share there views on anything as couple of years ago the week before results day this site was extremely busy!! :shock:

Loreto results I think will be next Sat, for anyone who is interested!

My dd is cool as a cucumber and to be honest not at all worried or bothered, we are also ooc and non catholic so I am not pinning my hopes on either school, the wait goes on........... :roll:
NS1

Post by NS1 »

I am here too! I notice there are lots of 'views, but not many posts this year. No doubt the forum will pick up tomorrow/ Saturday.
overanxious

Post by overanxious »

I'm here! I don't really care about the result, but I think my daughter will be really down if she doesn't pass (AGGS). Sadly, I don't think she has much chance - we didn't do much prep. Hey ho, it'll be over soon.

Good luck to all your sons and daughters, I hope everyone gets the results they want :D
rocky_robin

Post by rocky_robin »

overanxious wrote:I'm here! I don't really care about the result, but I think my daughter will be really down if she doesn't pass (AGGS). Sadly, I don't think she has much chance - we didn't do much prep. Hey ho, it'll be over soon.

Good luck to all your sons and daughters, I hope everyone gets the results they want :D
I think we're the same, it went quiet on here after the Sale/Alty exams weekend

My son will be down if he doesn't pass one of the two but I don't think he'd have an issue going to Wellington after the initial disappointment wears off and also dependent on where some of his friends are going

We did a bit of prep but nothing compared to the hot-housing and private tutors we've heard about or overheard talks about in the exam queues themselves

We just thought it better to get him used to the types of questions and then let him fare based on his own ability, not helped by the late decision on the format of the boys school exam
Vicster

Post by Vicster »

I think the quietness is related to everybody trying to have nerves of steel whilst waiting for the results.
My DS has coped really well with the wait (better than me) but he has started to show some nerves during the last few days. He is out tomorrow morning and has put me under strict instructions not to open the envelope if it arrives as he wants to be first to see the news regardless of whether it is positive news or not. I might need to find something to distract me if it does arrive tomorrow whilst he is out :lol:
rocky_robin

Post by rocky_robin »

Vicster wrote:I think the quietness is related to everybody trying to have nerves of steel whilst waiting for the results.
My DS has coped really well with the wait (better than me) but he has started to show some nerves during the last few days. He is out tomorrow morning and has put me under strict instructions not to open the envelope if it arrives as he wants to be first to see the news regardless of whether it is positive news or not. I might need to find something to distract me if it does arrive tomorrow whilst he is out :lol:
Similar boat, my partner is out with our daughter at a ballet exam, my son is at some school science workshop in Bolton and I'm guessing the post (going off a normal Saturday) will arrive late morning or early afternoon, so I'll be in on my own

He's not expressed a preference so it might be a sneaky peak and then seal it back up or I may just wait until I pick him up again at tea-time, provided his mum hasn't given in to temptation in the meantime

We do tend to get very little post on a Saturday, so I wouldn't be surprised if ours didn't turn up at all tomorrow and came on Monday, just before the Sale results come out

Can't even have a few drinks to calm the nerves as I've got a Half Marathon on Sunday and I tend to stay off the booze for a couple of days beforehand :(
wilmslowmum

Post by wilmslowmum »

Good luck to every family tomorrow feeling very nervous, would have preferred a week day delivery as i could have steamed it open so i could be prepared if the result isnt what he is hoping for he hasnt been to bothered by it all but i know tomorrow he will be. Never mind at least it is tomorrow (providing our post is reliable!) definately feeling the butterflies now!
emuze999

Post by emuze999 »

Are results by post only?? I am sure I read somewhere that some may be sent by email also. Does anyone know if that is correct?

Thanks
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now