Travel/Transport from Chelmsford to Colchester (Colchs)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Chidobasi

Travel/Transport from Chelmsford to Colchester (Colchs)

Post by Chidobasi »

Can someone kindly advise me on how to get to Colchester county high for girls from Chelmsford. Recently moved into Chelmsford and don't know my way around as yet. Dd scored 354.3 in CSSE and 102.23 for CEM. Thinking of putting CCHS 1st choice though I think she stands a better chance in Colchs. Any advise please, as well as how to get there. Thanks.
Crusoe

Re: Travel/Transport from Chelmsford to Colchester (Colchs)

Post by Crusoe »

Same here. When I was doing a bit of research I found this link in CSSE website under transport.

http://www.csse.org.uk/index.php?option ... =transport" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What I heard from fellow friends is the school bus comes until ALDI. (Not sure about this and need to confirm with parents those who have dd's at CoCHS )

I am glad that you started this thread.

Hope this helps.
Chidobasi

Post by Chidobasi »

Thanks crusoe for the info. Please any more information regarding travel will be highly appreciated.
pleased as punch

Post by pleased as punch »

Crusoe wrote:Same here. When I was doing a bit of research I found this link in CSSE website under transport.

http://www.csse.org.uk/index.php?option ... =transport" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What I heard from fellow friends is the school bus comes until ALDI. (Not sure about this and need to confirm with parents those who have dd's at CoCHS )

I am glad that you started this thread.

Hope this helps.
You need the 676 Stephenson bus, details of which are on the CSSE link mentioned. It does come up Springfield Road (and therefore ALDI). It goes on to pick up at Sainsburys (about 7.35am) and lastly picks up in Hatfield Peverel before going to a number of the Colchester schools. From Sainsburys it takes approximately 35 minutes and returns their at 4.30pm.

The other alternative is First Bus (see link again) which runs the 525. This is usually about five minutes in front of the Stephenson bus in the morning going up Springfield Road from the city centre, although comes back later.
pleased as punch

Post by pleased as punch »

'Can someone kindly advise me on how to get to Colchester county high for girls from Chelmsford. Recently moved into Chelmsford and don't know my way around as yet. Dd scored 354.3 in CSSE and 102.23 for CEM. Thinking of putting CCHS 1st choice though I think she stands a better chance in Colchs. Any advise please, as well as how to get there. Thanks.'

Just like to mention, that if you said which area you have moved to, it would be easier to advise. :)
Chidobasi

Post by Chidobasi »

'Can someone kindly advise me on how to get to Colchester county high for girls from Chelmsford. Recently moved into Chelmsford and don't know my way around as yet. Dd scored 354.3 in CSSE and 102.23 for CEM. Thinking of putting CCHS 1st choice though I think she stands a better chance in Colchs. Any advise please, as well as how to get there. Thanks.'

Just like to mention, that if you said which area you have moved to, it would be easier to advise.

Oh, I forgot to mention its in Springfield(Chelmer Village),so far looking at the timetable it looks like it's going to be a challange :( .
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now