RESULTS DAY 17TH OCTOBER: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Sally-Anne

RESULTS DAY 17TH OCTOBER: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Everyone

The Bucks results are little more than 24 hours away now, and I know how nerve-racking that is from personal experience. Please may I advise/remind you of a few points?

- Children at Bucks state schools and Partner Schools will receive their results by pupil post at the end of the school day.

- Please do not open the envelope while you are on school premises. The sight of children and parents alternately whooping and wailing is a very unedifying one.

- Out of County children's results are posted first class on Thursday, in the fervent hope that they will arrive on Friday.

- If the letter does not arrive on Friday, there is no point in calling Bucks CC Admissions. They will not disclose results over the phone under any circumstances. You just have to sit it out, and register the absence of a letter with them after your post arrives on Monday.

- They will inform you as to when a replacement letter might be sent, but I am glad to say that a non-arrival of results beyond three postal deliveries is as rare as hens' teeth. It is usually the Royal Mail who let you down.

- The range of scores last year was 5 - 199, and the flat qualifying mark will be 121, as it has been for aeons.

- For that reason, PLEASE DO NOT POST SCORES ABOVE 121 ON THE FORUM!

- There is no need to do so, it is simply boasting and it can be upsetting to those who have not been successful. Any such posts will be edited/removed.

- If your child has scored 121 or more, you can see past Allocation Profiles for each grammar school here, to allow you to assess your chances of being offered a place: https://drive.google.com/a/elevenplusex ... o0dUE/edit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

- Finally, please show sensitivity towards those who have not received the results they hoped for.

- If you are among them, Etienne's advice below is your starting point, and we will all support you to the best of our ability.
Etienne wrote:The very best of luck to everyone waiting for the results! :)

Hope you won't need our help, but we will be available if you should need assistance with reviews/appeals.
Please do some reading first of all, before asking questions on the forum.
Start here.

For some words of encouragement from those who have been through the experience of non-qualification in the 11+ (as well as an unsuccessful appeal),
see here.
Please feel free to post your results on this thread as they arrive, and my best wishes for Friday to you all, and especially to your DC.

Sally-Anne
indiemom

Re: RESULTS DAY 17TH OCTOBER: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Post by indiemom »

Thanks a lot Sally Anne for this important post, right on time.

Will follow the instruction. :)
jabba7

Friday 17th October

Post by jabba7 »

Hi

So the day is nearly here :D

It has been a long 5 weeks but I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for all their support and the very best to all in Bucks for tomorrow.

Jabba7 :D
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

Good luck to everyone awaiting their results in Bucks tomorrow.

Sona
kittymum

Post by kittymum »

I hope everyone receives the news they're hoping for - we were in your position last year (and will be again next year) so I know how it feels.

Xx
Dibsie

Post by Dibsie »

Would you believe last year I saw a photo of a result letter posted on a popular social network site?!

Good luck everyone! We will be walking home quicker than normal to open the envelope in the privacy of our own home!
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Dibsie wrote:Would you believe last year I saw a photo of a result letter posted on a popular social network site?!
Yes, I'm afraid I would. A few years ago I saw a round-robin email from a parent who had moved to another part of Bucks some years earlier, and who hadn't been in touch with anyone here since moving.

The email was solely to tell us all about the child's fantastic 11+ score, and it was generally pretty sickly stuff.

Worse still, among the recipients were several people whose children had just missed 121, one or two of them quite unexpectedly.

Think before you post, send, text or call, please, people ...
EveryoneWins

Post by EveryoneWins »

Don't take me wrong, I am against hurting others feelings. I have a question, don't we have prize/speech days and sports days at schools, where success is celebrated? What happens to all those children who doesn't win anything? don't they get hurt when only a few of their friends win prizes? My DCs rarely win any prizes - we never had any letters before prize days asking parents to celebrate their childrens success quietly.

As for the request to not to post anything above 121, I thought that one of the the reason for posting all scores is for parents of younger children(may be takingthe exams next year) to get the feel of range of scores, particularly CEM scores as there has been so much confusion about it.

As parents we have to be positive towards our children regardless of what marks they get, it is only 11+ , it only improves the selection of schools, we just have to use others success as inspiration, need to prepare them for disappointments instead of hiding them away from it because they will face many more like this in their life! After all,how many of us parents have been to top gramar or private schools? Haven't we faced all those 'success stories' of our friends and still somehow surviving to inspire our children?
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

EveryoneWins - we do not post scores because they are not part of the allocation of GS places in Bucks.

The letter will probably quote the range of scores and that roughly 30% are 121 or above; why do you feel you need to know more than that?
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

The Bucks 11+ qualification mark is a flat 121, unlike many other areas.

All the children who achieve that (outright or via the appeal process) are equally successful, and equal from that point forward.

Provided they meet the Admissions criteria (primarily distance) they will get a GS place, and it's over to them.

Posting scores above 121 has no purpose beyond becoming mummy or daddy's little boasting book.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now