RESULTS 2014

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
NS1

RESULTS 2014

Post by NS1 »

Just starting new thread for result related discussions. Best of luck to you all! Regardless of outcomes we should all be proud of our children who have worked extremely hard and will no doubt do well at any school. Fingers crossed!!
Fazaroo

Re: RESULTS 2014

Post by Fazaroo »

Nervous time yesterday waiting for the post, then waiting for OH to come back from football so we could open altogether!

Anyway - she passed sale with a score of 378 and alty girls with 362!! Just loreto to go now...

We are about 4 miles from aggs so hopefully we will get in there - I just have to convince her now as no-one else from her class passed so she prefers loreto to be with her mates... :? Anyone have any similar experience, sending only kid to school? Any feedback on the pastoral system at Altrincham?? She is end August baby so feels soo tiny to send on her own, on a bus, to aggs so it would be reassuring to know how they look after the little ones....
rimi01

Post by rimi01 »

Congrats Farzoo. I have no experience of a DD, so will not be able to give you any advice.
Both Loretto and AGGS are very good schools, so you are in a win-win situation.

Good news for us as well. We are in catchment and DS has passed AGSB :D . Phew

Thanks everyone - Oshosh and M147 and other parents from last year who have been posting good advice for everyone.
Oshosh

Post by Oshosh »

Brilliant news rimi01, glad things worked out all well for you.
LooniesMum2

Post by LooniesMum2 »

Hi Fazaroo,

We are OOC over Stockport way - DS didn't score high enough for AGSB (last year) but did get into one of the good indies over this way. There was only one, maybe two, others considering not sending their child to the same school as the rest of their cohort so we knew from the outset that he might not know anyone at the school we chose. Our DS also a late August birthday and that did have some impact I think. Whilst not quite in the same boat, if you think it helpful I can tell you more about our experience!

LM
Fazaroo

Post by Fazaroo »

Thanks looniesmum, my dd always knew most of her pals are going straight to bth or aiming for loreto, only one other was going for alty but she narrowly missed it.... rocked my dd a little the thought of going there on her tod!

Anyway i have found a neighbor whose daughter also passed AGGS so we will get them together in the next week and get them talking, can walk for bus together etc.... Feel better already about sending her to Alty!

S x
Elijo

Post by Elijo »

My oldest daughter knew nobody when she went to AGGS and is absolutely loving it now. She is in year 8 and although it took a few months for her to settle into the right group of friends for her she found that most of the girls were very friendly. Pastorally I had a small issue which was dealt with very well indeed. I have another daughter going there this year but she will be catching the bus with quite a few friends! The bus ride there is also quite a social event and my oldest has made friends on that that aren't even in her class or year group! what bus will your daughter be getting Farazoo?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now