118 x2(Bucks Appeal)

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

eager mum

118 x2(Bucks Appeal)

Post by eager mum »

Dear Sally Anne,

Thank you very much for all your help and invaluable advises as well as those of others. I find this forum invaluable,in fact my husband is now addicted to it,I can hardly get him off since showing him-may have to divorce him soon(just joking!) :lol:

On a more serious note,saw HT on Monday,was extremely supportive & very disappointed our son did not pass.Report will be ready this Monday.I intend to write you a PM with some personal stuff and need some advise regarding the appeal letter.How do I go about sending you or Etienne one?
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Eager Mum

To send a PM you need to register, it is painless and totally confidential. Scroll down to the bottom of the page, click on register.

Your husband can join too!

Patricia
eager mum

Re:PM Response

Post by eager mum »

Dear Patricia or Sally-Anne,

Where do I get a response to my PM?

Is it sent to my email address or the careful response in sections to the PM is said to the Forum for others to benefit from?

I await your response? :? [/i]
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Eager Mum

The PM will appear as "You have 1 private messages" on the blueline at the bottom of the page.

You can also choose to receive alerts whe you receive a PM. Go t you "Profile" (on the same blue line, bottom of the page).

Scroll down to "Notify on New Private Message". Check "yes". Next time you log on to the Forum, if there is a new message you will either see a pop-up message, or the mouse pointer will have an "alert symbol" on it.

Alternatively you can choose to select to receive email alerts - the next line down in your Profile. If you are checking the Forum only once a day or so, that is well worth doing. (I've turned my email alerts off over the last week, as I was drowning in them!)

I would like to reassure everyone that PMs on this Forum are very private indeed. There is no possibilty of them being read by anyone else or turning up "accidentally" on the open Forum unless you personally post them there by mistake!

Best wishes
Sally-Anne
eager mum

11+ Appeal

Post by eager mum »

Dear Sally-Ann,

I am aware of your tight schedule and you must be inundated with messages. I wondered if you received my PM this morning ? Would you be able to advise if I would be digging my my grave if I admitted that my son did not get an extensive tutoring prior to the exam, of course due to the reasons mentioned in my personal message. In total he had 2 hours per Saturdays for 2 months. I gathered Nfer expected children to pass with just practising familiarisation tests and was not sure if that would be the general consencus of the Appeal Panel ?

Thanks in advance.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi eager mum

I'm afraid I haven't received a message from you. Please check if it is still in your "Outbox" - is my name spelled correctly?

Try copying and pasting the message into a new message and sending it again ...?

As you have said, the official Bucks line is that their familiarisation materials and the 3 practice papers represent "saturation" preparation for the tests.

Any comments that you make about tutoring will be "discarded" in their deliberations.

Best wishes
Sally-Anne
Appeal Mum

Re: 11+ Appeal

Post by Appeal Mum »

eager mum wrote: In total he had 2 hours per Saturdays for 2 months.
Hi Eager Mum,

Sally-Anne and Etienne are indeed inundated with appeals.. :(
But that is because their advice is worth its weight in gold.. :wink:

In my opinion I would not mention the fact your child had "little tutoring." NFER states that children only need "Familiarisation" hence the practice papers.
To some your 16 hours of prep might seem like an advantage.
I really would focus on your 1) academic evidence, 2) mitigating circumstances, in that priority.

Good luck..

AM
eager mum

11+ Appeal

Post by eager mum »

Hi Appeal Mum,

Thank you very much for your input and support.It is very much appreciated.Wishing every parent going for the appeal the very best of luck. :)

Eager Mum
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now