any thoughts on St Bernards?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
michy1969

any thoughts on St Bernards?

Post by michy1969 »

DD just missed out on place. In catchment (its just down the road) christians not catholic and have signed letter from priest linked with her school and baptismal certificate

hopefully she can get a place.

Any thoughts on the school? She liked it alot when we visited and it seems to have a good rep
panichead

Re: any thoughts on St Bernards?

Post by panichead »

Hi, my youngest DD is there Y8 - loves it! My eldest is at SHSG Y11.

To be honest I am so glad my younger DD is there. She would never have coped with the pressure and pace at SHSG. My elder DD can cope and is in the right place. My youngest is very sensitive and needs a pat on the back every so often and is supported fully to achieve at St B's. She is in the grammar stream, and her work is on a par with elder DD when she was in Y8 (some of her end of year targets are higher :shock: ). I love the feeling of the school every time I go for a meeting etc, pastoral support is excellent and the head is lovely. My DD is quite religious so loves the churchy side of it to (and as a catholic myself don't mind either).

She is very supported, feels she belongs and enjoys going in everyday - not sure how long that will last :lol: :lol: It's an excellent school.

Grammar isn't suited to everyone, I have one that is and one that is isn't - hope helps - feel free to pm me
bucksmummy

Post by bucksmummy »

Just realised I sent you that long long post and it is a different school that you are talking about ...sorry...going mad!
Uncertain34

Post by Uncertain34 »

Hello thanks so much for posting about st b's. Please could you say a little bit more about how the grammar stream works eg if there are only small numbers in the grammar stream. And also the support that your dd gets?