Bucks school application

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

umapriya

Bucks school application

Post by umapriya »

my son did bucks exam and we are in out of catchment area , do we need to send a separate application to the schools(in Buckinghamshire) which we want to apply, apart from the common application that i did to my( Brent) council?
Sally-Anne

Re: Bucks school application

Post by Sally-Anne »

No, you simply name the Bucks school you prefer on your CAF form for Brent.
indiemom

Post by indiemom »

@Sally-Anne

I believe that for OOC candidates, if they put a school in Bucks in their CAF, they will only be considered after national allocation day if they can not provide any proof of residence in Bucks county by 31st Oct, isn't it ? This is what I knew earlier and same was confirmed by the Bucks secondary addmission person during my online chat on Friday (thanks Sally-Anne for the link in the forum regarding the live chat option with Bucks council), kindly correct me if I am wrong.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

The deadline for address evidence was 1st October (1st April for Challoners Boys.)

Your application will be considered using your current home address on that date, regardless of where you live. You do not have to be resident in the county of Bucks to apply.

Provided you meet the admissions criteria (primarily distance) a place will be offered.

As an example, if a Bucks school is undersubscribed, you could live in Manchester or Singapore and still be offered a place. (Both have happened in the past.)

ETA: Also, Moscow, Switzerland and Hong Kong, and those are just the ones I know about!
berks_mum

Post by berks_mum »

So, if a family movers in catchment from 1st October they are considered in catchment?
I noticed Dr.Challoners(Girls) the date is 16th October. Burnham grammar doesn't have any date in their admission policy. Didn't check other schools.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

berks_mum wrote:So, if a family movers in catchment from 1st October they are considered in catchment?
Provided they move by 1st October, they are resident in catchment.
I noticed Dr.Challoners(Girls) the date is 16th October.
That was a typo/error, but it has the same effect as the 1st October requirement, i.e. a date before the results were announced.
Burnham grammar doesn't have any date in their admission policy. Didn't check other schools.
BGS's policy refers to "Terms used follow the County Scheme", which states the 1st October deadline.
berks_mum

Post by berks_mum »

Thanks Sally Anne.
kittymum

Post by kittymum »

It's worth double checking policies. SWBGS defines catchment as those living within the catchment area on 1st October but then in address evidence adds that to be considered in this area you need to gave been in residence from the April preceding (so April 2014) and can't have another property within 20 miles of school.

No idea what other schools policies say.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Challoners Boys has the same requirement. No other Bucks school does.
kittymum

Post by kittymum »

Sally-Anne wrote:Challoners Boys has the same requirement. No other Bucks school does.
I had no idea SWBGS had added the April bit (in my defence we have lived in it's catchment for over 20 years so haven't really bothered with the details of address evidence).
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now