Mayfield Grammar....any experiences.....appeals etc

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

jayzee1

Mayfield Grammar....any experiences.....appeals etc

Post by jayzee1 »

Removed
Last edited by jayzee1 on Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
worriedmama

Re: Mayfield Grammar....any experiences.....appeals etc

Post by worriedmama »

Hi I went through a successful appeal for my DD 2 years ago. She is now thriving in year 8 despite her being 8 points below the 119 pass mark for maths in her year. She also had a less than favourable year 5 report, which against advice I decided not to include as didn't want anything negative going against her. I asked the admission clerk for Mayfield whether she had a chance at appeal & after I told her my DD's results (she had 1 point over the aggregate & passed verbal * non-verbal) she said APPEAL, APPEAL, APPEAL. She added that histrorically girls that had got 3 of the 4 pass marks were successful & that Mayfield would support my daughter as they considered her to be of grammar school standard.

I do know how distressing this time is, but if you feel like I did that your DD should be going to Mayfield, I would go for it. It is a long process but to see how happy my daughter is now & how well she is doing it was all worth it.

Luckily my son has just passed the Kent Test so we will not have to go through appealing again, but if I had to I would do it all again as the reuslt (hopefully positive) is more than worth it.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now