Best papers

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Guest285

Best papers

Post by Guest285 »

I have been asked to find out information for Kendrick School. I have been informed that the school tests in VR and NVR. Is this NFER?
Which are the best papers to prepare with? Obviously NFER practice papers. IPS, AFN, Bond??????
Any help appreciated.
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

Yes its NFER.

Friends daughter just got in, and advised that they just used the WHSmith Nfer, for the prep.

BW
chad

Post by chad »

I don't know what papers Kendrick use but just be aware that NFER do standard and multiple choice packs..... you need to know the type used in the exam.

Good Luck
Guest285

Best Papers

Post by Guest285 »

Dear Chad and Bewildered

Thanks a lot.
I looked up the school's website and they use the standard format. I'll pass your information on.
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Hi Guest285,

For preparation with VB, read the threads 'Free Help' and '11+ preparation overseas' in Bucks and 'Mike to Patricia' in Verbal reasoning'. The exams board in Bucks is also NFER.
But be aware that the Bucks test is only made of 2 VB tests only, and these tests have extra questions types that are not always included in the standard NFER papers. The IPS practice papers have all the types for Bucks, and you may not need the types H,I,K,N,O and S in standard NFER test. BUT, I can't be sure of what is effectively included in the Kendrick exam!
In general, if your board is NFER, do not use Bond for VB.

You can use Bond for Maths, specially for general practice and a step ahead at the end: The Bond 11+ test papers are harder than the NFER test papers, although they can be slighlty different in style. The IPS practice papers are very similar to NFER.

Hope this helps. Please ask if you have any more question

Catherine
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now