373 is enough to secure a place in JUDD or SkINNERS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

pilot12

373 is enough to secure a place in JUDD or SkINNERS

Post by pilot12 »

Hi, 373 is enough to secure a place in JUDD or SKINNERS. we live out of catchment area. My DS also got qualified for St. Olaves and got 'likely' result. However, We are keen to move to Tonbridge rather than moving to Orpington.

I am planning to keep Judd and Skinners as first, second preference and St Olaves as third. In case if DS donot secure seat in JUDD and Skinner do you think he may not get in St. Olaves as I shall be keeping as third preference. By keeping third preference compared to first means DS will loose opportnity to get in to St.Olaves although he got 'LIkely' result. Any idea?
Ladymuck

Re: 373 is enough to secure a place in JUDD or SkINNERS

Post by Ladymuck »

No catchment for Judd or Skinners. If you put Judd, Skinners then Olaves, and you don't get into the first 2, then those preferences on your CAF are ignored, and your Olaves preference is considered as if it were your first preference. Do not take the scores into account when listing your choice though. If you prefer Olaves then that need to be first, if you prefer Judd then list that. You will only get one offer, which will be the school you listed highest in your CAF and for which you qualify.
Last edited by Ladymuck on Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
pilot12

Post by pilot12 »

Tanks ladymuck.
rooster

Post by rooster »

Hi there
Please can you tell me how you know that 373 is enough to secure skinners or judd?
Thanks!
NoBigDeal1

Post by NoBigDeal1 »

Yes how do u know this? Heard someone else say this other day too
FortyNinePence

Post by FortyNinePence »

I am reading this as a question rather than a statement.
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

Until the first lot of FOI responses come back (I would guess at the start of next week), no-one will have the foggiest idea as to what the cut off might be, and even then you can't guess what other people will have applied for.
xiygx

Post by xiygx »

Hi,

You can live in Tonbridge and your DS can commute to St. Olaves. There are regular trains to Orpington from Tonbridge. St. Olaves is an excellent school, I'd keep it as my top pick.

Regards,
Valencia

Post by Valencia »

I think the subject of this thread is a question, not a statement. Nobody know what the cut-off score will be yet. 373 may be enough, or it might not be enough. Still too early to say. But as people have said, if it´s your top preference, put it as your first choice, you won´t get penalised for doing that.
UncleBob

Post by UncleBob »

rooster wrote:Hi there
Please can you tell me how you know that 373 is enough to secure skinners or judd?
Thanks!
They cannot and I very much doubt that score will suffice. From what I've see there are enough kids over 400 sadly a high percentage OOC (bites tonge) to fill both. I would suggest anything less than 390 then it's not worth a go.

There is always TWGSB ??