Ashlawn School, Rugby - selective

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

RugbyParent2014

Ashlawn School, Rugby - selective

Post by RugbyParent2014 »

Hi

My daughter is quite keen on Ashlawn for Sept '15 entry. We're awaiting 11+ results this week (hence awareness of this forum!) but on Saturday we got the results for the Ashlawn MFL. Disappointingly she did very well in 3 of the 4 sections but only very average in one of them. As a result her overall score was just a shade under last year's score that gained automatic entry (e.g. 421 versus 425) - but the percentile was only the 74th. We have a number of friends that also took this test and it seems scores were very concentrated at the higher end so one girl scored say 427 but came in the 91st percentile!

Does anyone have any other info or experience on this test? And entry to Ashlawn Selective generally? From the test day we guessed at a count of approx. 120 per sitting so maybe 450+ took the test over its four sittings. We live in Newbold so are outside catchment.

Many thanks

Alan
jmc

Re: Ashlawn School, Rugby - selective

Post by jmc »

Hello - we also received the results on Saturday - dc2 got almost exactly the same percentile result as dc1 last year - with quite a different score - 436 at 89 percentile this year as opposed to 460 last year for percentile of 89.2.

Therefore, this year's AQS should be significantly less than last year's AQS of 430. Out of interest - the AQS for the previous year (the first year of the test) was 411.
Slaine

Post by Slaine »

DD score 427, 78 percentile. Believe she'll be happy with that, she wants to go to Ashlawn.
Shazwuds

Post by Shazwuds »

I'm confused! My child scored 385 ( which I realise won't be enough). The letter says that my child is in the 30th percentile of the total group. Does this mean she was in the bottom 30% of those that took it? Does the percentile go up significantly ( ie if post above scoring 427 but being in the 91st percentile?). I'm just curious, as struggling to get my head around it.!
Thanks
serendippyty

Post by serendippyty »

Yes it sounds like the results were clustered very much together hence not a huge gap between 30th centile and 90th...
ginx

Post by ginx »

RugbyParent2014, I believe Avon Valley did well with its GCSE results this year? Although we're lucky, Ashlawn's our catchment school.

I'm very pleased with Ashlawn. My son with special needs got an amazing 10 GCSE's, and is now in the sixth form doing A levels. My dd1 is in year 11 and although not academic, is doing well and is considering A levels. She's doing much better than anyone expected. And both are happy.

Most of the dc from our junior school last year went straight into the grammar stream regardless of MFL or 11+ results because I believe it is also based on their SATS results.

I see this year's year 7 is going to have 284 dc. That's so many!!!!

Good luck to you all.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now