IQ test result - G&T?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Parent stressed 1

IQ test result - G&T?

Post by Parent stressed 1 »

Daughter at comp. had an iq test at the beginning of year 7, results given at parents evening that she had come top of her year. I was told it gives an indication of weaknesses in her learning or whatever, yet from what my daughter tells me and reports from other subject tutors she is clearly in the top 5% of her year if not the top pupil. My daughter was emailed a link to the G&T forum with other high scoring kids from other schools.

Long story short, she lost out from grammar school even though passing the test thanks to the lea and school-head influencing the \\\"independent\\\" appeal panel. I posted here a while ago asking for help on this topic, and this idiotic parent-school governor said how well suited a state school would be for my daughter. I would like for this person to reply as I\\\'m would give him/her a piece of my mind.
I really hate the ideology at comprehensive state schools; additionally the teachers only seem to care about meeting the set government target, above and beyond it’s out of their hands.

Anyway, is that it? As a parent, I would have thought the school would jump at the chance to push her further. At home I always encourage her to work independently, the usual routine of reading, maths, science, language and music.

Just another parent fed up with the state of british education not delivering as promised by our democratically elected peers.
katel

Post by katel »

Not sure what you're asking - or did you just want to rant? Why did she not get a grammar school place if she passed the test? I think we need a bit more information.
perplexed

Post by perplexed »

I agree. You are clearly unhappy, but I don't understand the information you have given, or know what you are asking.

It could be very interesting if you could explain further. Why did the school tell you that being top in an IQ test indicated a weakness in learning? Is there some kind of mismatch between her school results and the results of the test?

What is the school offering to their G and T pupils?

Are you trying to move to a grammar school if you are dissatisfied with the current school? What is actually wrong with the school?

Good luck.