Posting appeal forms

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Suesole

Posting appeal forms

Post by Suesole »

Hi Just a quick question
Can we post the appeal forms for Bucks Special delivery. I am not expecting the HT report till Wed and did want to leave anything to chance with the christmas post starting ! Thanks Sue. :shock:
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Good question, Sue.

I think everyone would be wise to use either "special delivery", or "recorded signed for", or to deliver in person to Reception at County Hall and to try asking for a receipt.

Be sure to include the acknowledgement postcard with a stamp on it.

Personally I'd use "recorded signed for". The Appeals Office will understand about the Christmas post, so I don't think there'd be an issue if the papers were just a little late, provided there is proof they were posted ahead of the deadline.
Etienne
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

If going in person to County Hall:

They're sometimes busy at Reception. To speed things up, it might be an idea to type out a receipt ready for them to sign, e.g. "Envelope from Mr/Mrs X, addressed to Appeals Office, received by Reception at County Hall on such and such a date:
Signed ...................... (Reception)"

I don't know if they'll be happy with this, but I can't see why not. I'm aware of a previous case where forms went astray after being delivered personally to Reception. When asked why she hadn't requested a receipt, the parent replied "I did, but they said they were too busy .......!"

Just a suggestion
Etienne
ex depressed mum

Post by ex depressed mum »

Good advice - for all my son's appeal paperwork, and subsequent acceptance of a place, I enclosed a SAE postcard stating 'envelope addressed to xyz received at County Hall on ... date'. This worked a treat, and was always returned to me promptly, complete with County Hall rubber stamp.

Take no chances!
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

There is an acknowledgement card in with the appeal forms, but as far as I can remember this is for completion by the Appeals Office.

When the lady I referred to above was next asked "Why didn't you raise the alarm when your acknowledgement card wasn't posted back to you, she said "I wasn't sure how long to wait - I didn't want to make a fuss ............"

Anyway, I always favour the belt and braces approach. :D

As ex depressed mum says, take no chances!
Etienne