correlation between Wolves consortium results and Birmingham

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
DenDe

correlation between Wolves consortium results and Birmingham

Post by DenDe »

Hi all,

This is a question for last year's parents.

I know it is a different exam, but did those DC who got qualifying scores for schools in the Wolverhampton consortium follow this with qualifying scores for Birmingham schools?

Just trying to predict the future........ :wink:
Happy dad

Re: correlation between Wolves consortium results and Birmin

Post by Happy dad »

Ds2 got the offer we wanted for Adams and also got a score to get into a Bham school, but not one we wanted. His scores were very similar for both. I think you will find though that many children do well in one and not in another.
muminbrum

Post by muminbrum »

QM was a disaster 301. Bham was better 215.
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

I think it's next to impossible to find a correlation between Wolves & Brum - different content- different requirements form respective consortiums, different weightings etc.
Traditionally it was said that the brum tests were harder than the wolves tests but from various feedback from the last couple of years I think this isn't the case anymore. The same applies to the Warks test.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

I agree with Bob there is no correlation with the results from each.Different girls performed differently between the exams.My dd performed at a very high level in the Wolverhampton exam and at a lower level in the Birminghamexam whilst within a comfortable safety margin meeting the grades for our target schools which were our backups.Over the years the Birmingham exam has always been the most difficult and for my dd because of the greater emphasis on her weakest part nameley her English she suffered in comparison.She told me that she struggled with the comrehension and the close passages in the Birmingham exams.Some of her friends also had difficulties in the Birmingham exam whilst others performed better.There are simply no correlations.The only advise is you should have alternative school choices if you can between the different consortia.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now