11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
walsallmum

Remarking of paper

Post by walsallmum »

Can this be done and if so how do I go about it
slimchance

Re: Remarking of paper

Post by slimchance »

Yes if you ring the foundation office you can request a remark. They will remark them before the appeals deadline.
walsallmum

Post by walsallmum »

Is there though a chance that her mark could go down lower.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Looking at it logically in any exam appeal your marks can go down as well as up. But like the majority of appeals they are likely to stay the same.
Good Luck in whatever you decide.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

There is always a chance but as it is checked twice, it is not likely. Also, before others start calling them to ask for recounts, they will only remark after March offers if you decide to appeal.

I understood your DD did very well in the Walsall exams - congrats!
UmSusu
walsallmum

Post by walsallmum »

hi UmSus

she did ok in walsall exams she got 320 which is lower than about 10 girls in her class!
deputydawg

Post by deputydawg »

quasimodo wrote:Looking at it logically in any exam appeal your marks can go down as well as up. But like the majority of appeals they are likely to stay the same.
I am curious as to remarking works for 11+ as my son is so borderline for CHB. As a teacher in a local secondary, the number of remarks that are requested for GCSE papers has escalated hugely over the last few years. At GCSE, marks cannot go down when remarks are requested. They sometimes stay the same. This year many went up, often changing the overall grade.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

deputydawg wrote:
quasimodo wrote:Looking at it logically in any exam appeal your marks can go down as well as up. But like the majority of appeals they are likely to stay the same.
I am curious as to remarking works for 11+ as my son is so borderline for CHB. As a teacher in a local secondary, the number of remarks that are requested for GCSE papers has escalated hugely over the last few years. At GCSE, marks cannot go down when remarks are requested. They sometimes stay the same. This year many went up, often changing the overall grade.
I beg to differ at GCSE individual exam marks can go down as well as up. But what schools and parents do is target individual exam papers the majority of appeals are where the candidates are 1 or 2 marks from the next grade boundary. If the remark is successful and the 1 or 2 marks gained then the grade changes. If unsuccessful with no change in marks or a lower mark then no grade change.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
deputydawg

Post by deputydawg »

quasimodo wrote:
deputydawg wrote:
I beg to differ at GCSE individual exam marks can go down as well as up. But what schools and parents do is target individual exam papers the majority of appeals are where the candidates are 1 or 2 marks from the next grade boundary. If the remark is successful and the 1 or 2 marks gained then the grade changes. If unsuccessful with no change in marks or a lower mark then no grade change.
You are correct quasimodo. We had some amazing remarks this year (17 mark shift upwards on one paper). My confusion is when it the whole cohort that is remarked e.g. AQA - "Grades and marks will not go down for the students in the extended review. We will only change grades and marks that go up. We will also not charge for re-marking these scripts, nor the 10% sample."

Thanks.
rabbie burns

Post by rabbie burns »

Not sure just being borderline for CHB is a reason to ask for a remark. Just go to another school and be happy you are not real borderline for any selective school. Otherwise they would be remarking half the papers!!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now