Dartford Grammar or Beths

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Brinda

Dartford Grammar or Beths

Post by Brinda »

My ds scored 395 in Kent test and one of the top 180 in the Bexley selection test. We live in Dartford. Can anyone please advise which school we can put as our first choice in CAF. Dartford Grammar or Beths?
ToadMum

Re: Dartford Grammar or Beths

Post by ToadMum »

Brinda wrote:My ds scored 395 in Kent test and one of the top 180 in the Bexley selection test. We live in Dartford. Can anyone please advise which school we can put as our first choice in CAF. Dartford Grammar or Beths?
If I am correct in thinking that your place of residence and / or score would get your DS a place at the first, and his Bexley ranking a place at Beths for the asking, then which one does he actually want to go to? Whichever school is your / his highest preference goes first on your CAF, then the one you would like a place at if you didn't get the first one, and so on. The same advice goes for anyone filling in their CAF anywhere; I'm sure the Kent CC secondary admissions website explains the equal preference system to applicants? :) .
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Brinda

Post by Brinda »

Thanks ToadMum.
Dartford Grammar or Beths; which is a good school acadamically? Anyone got dc in these schools? We are so confused. We don't know any parents in both schools. Waiting for the Dartford Grammar open evening.
Colmans

Post by Colmans »

Have friends and family who've had the same quandry and made choices for different reasons. Both are very good schools. As previous post, let your DC choose based on which school he thinks will suit him. He's clearly a capable child so let him make up his mind.
salsa

Post by salsa »

Both are good schools. Have you visited BETHS? I guess Dartford is closer? My son is at DGS and we are very happy with the school. We have friends at Beths who are equally happy.
Brinda

Post by Brinda »

Thanks for everyone.
Yes. We visited Beths last Wednesday. We are very impressed. Waiting for DGS open evening. Is there any school buses from Dartford to Beths Grammar?
bondgirl

Post by bondgirl »

Hi. Yes, there are school coaches to DGS a (though would you need one if you live in Dartford?) Hope you enjoy the Open Evening on Thursday and it helps in your decision making. My DS is in year 8 and we could not be happier with the school.
salsa

Post by salsa »

I agree. Dartford is a lovely school and if you live in Dartford the easiest thing for your son will be to go there. I hope you enjoy the open evening this Thursday.
sandred

Post by sandred »

I have 2 boys at DGS and will (if I have my way) send my third there too, even if it means an appeal. Fantastic school, can't praise it enough.
My eldest is on track for all A/A* GCSE grades and my middle one loves it and is doing really well too. Shouldn't be promoting it to others really, but you are in catchment and we are in Kent, but out of catchment, so we aren't in competition for a place!!!
VanillaLatte

Post by VanillaLatte »

I have read DG Boys Ofstead report and think this will be our goal for next year. Bexley and Beths will come second/third.

DS is happy with languages, IT, sience and maths profile.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now