Is Address Evidence Required for Bucks Residents

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Lillie

Is Address Evidence Required for Bucks Residents

Post by Lillie »

Could someone please confirm if Bucks CC definitely need address evidence to be submitted when your child is already at a Bucks primary school (and automatically entered for Transfer Tests)?

The online application is very confusing. It tells you at the end that you need to submit address evidence but then the automated email after submission says you don't need to do anything else!

I have checked the Guide and it does state that address evidence is required.

Seems a confusing system and now I think I need to try to find those online bills!
SIT

Re: Is Address Evidence Required for Bucks Residents

Post by SIT »

Lillie wrote:Could someone please confirm if Bucks CC definitely need address evidence to be submitted when your child is already at a Bucks primary school (and automatically entered for Transfer Tests)?

The online application is very confusing. It tells you at the end that you need to submit address evidence but then the automated email after submission says you don't need to do anything else!

I have checked the Guide and it does state that address evidence is required.

Seems a confusing system and now I think I need to try to find those online bills!
Hi

We live in Bucks, the online guide when you print our your application states you need to send address evidence by 31/10/14, when we sent this to the required email (it's something like addressevidence@buckscc)we received an email response stating they had received the evidence.

I hope this is clear.
Lillie

Post by Lillie »

Thank you.
Rags

Post by Rags »

And .... if you're so disorganised that you can't find the required address evidence (being buried under a massive pile of post, none of which is relevant - to anything) then what?

I've sent them an email, asking for advice.

(Does seem ridiculous that the council need me to send them a copy of my council tax statement ... joined up government?)
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

The council tax statement comes from your local authority not your county council, the two organisations have very little to do with one another.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

southbucks3 wrote:The council tax statement comes from your local authority not your county council, the two organisations have very little to do with one another.
Even within unitary authorities, Data Protection law would almost certainly be an obstacle to the exchange of this sort of personal information.
Etienne
Rags

Post by Rags »

Etienne wrote:
southbucks3 wrote:The council tax statement comes from your local authority not your county council, the two organisations have very little to do with one another.
Even within unitary authorities, Data Protection law would almost certainly be an obstacle to the exchange of this sort of personal information.
And yet I have to provide it to them, making any restriction essentially pointless. (I've been talking to my libertarian friend to much it seems.)

Anyway, I'll see what they say, as I don't seem to have the documentation they want. :/
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

They outline the data protection at the end of the guide.

On a cynical note, how a council tax bill for 2014/15 can possibly prove you live in the property and you are not renting it out and having some of your post forwarded or even collecting it yourself I do not know.
In that case I have evidence I live elsewhere too, perhaps I should check out the schools in that area. :wink:

Perhaps the pupil's uin or lack of, gives access to further information behind the scenes or triggers further investigation in some cases? I would be surprised if they have the manpower to check though tbh.
kittymum

Post by kittymum »

Rags wrote:
Etienne wrote:
And yet I have to provide it to them, making any restriction essentially pointless. (I've been talking to my libertarian friend to much it seems.)

Anyway, I'll see what they say, as I don't seem to have the documentation they want. :/
It's really not that much of a biggie is it?! 1 email or letter in the post - plus you'd have had to do it for a primary place so it's no different?!
Rags

Post by Rags »

kittymum wrote:It's really not that much of a biggie is it?! 1 email or letter in the post - plus you'd have had to do it for a primary place so it's no different?!
No biggie - provided you can finds what they want.

I can't, as of now ....
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now