advice please for Selection review -Bucks

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Karma67

advice please for Selection review -Bucks

Post by Karma67 »

Good morning!
I apologise now if the context of my post is a bit disjointed and not flowing in particular order, as I'm new to all this!

Well....Like all others on Friday we got out DD 11+ results...her score 116 not the magical 121! Now we are processing all info on this wonderful informative website and considering submitting details for Selection Review.

I discussed this with DD, as I believe it's her future thus has a valid opinion, and she has said she would like us to go ahead!

I have read through alot of the Q&A's on here, and read other members posts on their experiences and this is 'our story' so far.

As suggested on here I have dug out her last 2 school reports so I can submit them as 'evidence' of her capabilities. DD has always excelled in English and Reading, in maths she is very capable (teacher agrees) but lacks self confidence.

Yr 4 SATs teacher assessment were:Reading 4, Writing 4, Maths 3 Science 3, (no sub levels on report)
SATs end Yr 5 Reading 5b, Writing 4a, Maths 4b, Science 4a (Which according to school report , outlined government scale.... level 4 is yr 6).

I contacted Head Teacher on Monday and had a meeting with her that afternoon to discuss what her opinion was about DD suitability and capability for GS. She was very reassuring and enthusiastic and actually commented to me that she was pleased to see I had been in contact to arrange this meeting!! She stated she wholeheartedly backs us on selection review and would be happy to submit Head Teacher Summary. She stated she would class DD as a 1:2 recommendation. I had to ask what that meant! lol Grammar School Suitability:1 = Exceptionally able, so very highly recommended, and Attitude to Learning: 2 Consistently hardworking and reliable.

So my main 'obstacle' now is what to write, how to phrase the parents 'part...ie:what grounds I have for selection review and why I think DD is suitable!

After Head teacher's meeting going well, (i think it did at least!), I don't want to let DD down by completely mucking up my section!!

So any advice would be gratefully received!!

Thanks!
Dollydripmat

Re: advice please for Selection review -Bucks

Post by Dollydripmat »

Hi karma67, I too have just had a very good HT meeting, regarding review. I too feel exactly the same with the part we have to write our information . I'm too scared to write something as I don't want to make a mistake that would have a negative impact!! If anyone can guide us it would be appreciated greatly, thank you, dolly x
Karma67

Post by Karma67 »

Thank you for commenting! Best of luck to you Dolly, I've read through your thread and it seems to me that you have a very strong case! :D
I think from advice given on your thread, I need to get her KS1 SAT results. I was told DD's teacher is testing the class now so, hopefully I will have an updated score to submit. X
Moderators

Post by Moderators »

Could you not adapt the "letter for Mary"?
It is referred to several times in the Q&As.

Good to hear that the meeting went well!
Dollydripmat

Post by Dollydripmat »

Ok thank you didn't realise there was one thank you ****
Dollydripmat

Post by Dollydripmat »

I can seem to find a letter for Mary ? :? Can you point me in the right direction thanks xx
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... cation#b21" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... aneous#e32" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... aneous#e11" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
Dollydripmat

Post by Dollydripmat »

Thankyou Etienne x
Karma67

Post by Karma67 »

And thanks from me aswell x
Karma67

Post by Karma67 »

Hi again!
Mini update... I've clicked about a hundred links on here (ok might be a slight exaggeration!), and absorbed about 50% of it! I have arranged to meet up with the HT tomorrow afternoon to hopefully collect her review form. I've dug out DD yr4 and 5 school reports with SAT results and have a print out of her KS1 SAT aswell. The HT has offered to review my 'statement' (which I still have yet to put to paper!), and give me a critique. Firstly, do you think this is a good idea? And secondly, should I photocopy ALL of the school reports, including teachers comments, or just SAT results and send all,in with review request forms?
Also.....sorry!!!...I have begun completing BCC school admission form and I realise I need to put GS as 1st choices, but there is a section to fill in asking for reasons why you think your child should attend that school, do I still complete this even though we haven't had the selection review yet?
Thanks x
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now