Lancaster

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lancashire & Cumbria

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Hello Lancaster

Lancaster

Post by Hello Lancaster »

My son has just recieved a place at Lancaster Grammar.It would be nice to hear from other parents, about their experiences and have a chat.

We are somewhat out of the catchment area and although I realise he will form new friendships within the school I am concerned that out of school he will struggle. He has a lot of friends at Primary School but I realise as time goes by some of these friends will disappear.

Any advice would be welcome.
lyndyloo

Lancaster Grammar School

Post by lyndyloo »

I find it hard to believe that 67 people have viewed your post and not one has replied to say congratulations to your son for gaining a place at the Lancaster Grammar school, so let me be the first. My grandson is hoping desperatly to follow in your sons footsteps and although he is only in year 4 at the moment we are watching his progress and are led to believe that he will be selected for the 11+ when his time comes, we are also out of the catchment area and with the odds stacked against us, any advise you can give, would be so very welcome, I belive it is a multiple choice format, so that is somthing we need to get a little practise with. Anyway I am sure your son will go from strength to strength and I wish him every success for the future. Lyn
lyndyloo

Lancaster Grammar School

Post by lyndyloo »

I find it hard to believe that 67 people have viewed your post and not one has replied to say congratulations to your son for gaining a place at the Lancaster Grammar school, so let me be the first. My grandson is hoping desperatly to follow in your sons footsteps and although he is only in year 4 at the moment we are watching his progress and are led to believe that he will be selected for the 11+ when his time comes, we are also out of the catchment area and with the odds stacked against us, any advise you can give, would be so very welcome, I belive it is a multiple choice format, so that is somthing we need to get a little practise with. Anyway I am sure your son will go from strength to strength and I wish him every success for the future. Lyn
Footymad

Post by Footymad »

Congratulations to your son on gaining a place at Lancaster Grammar.

Excellent news,

Footymad :wink:
Cheers

Thanks Lyn and Footy

Post by Cheers »

Thankyou Lyndyloo and Footymad.

Dear Lyndyloo,
I am no expert on the subject but I think it depends on the childs ability as to when you begin to revise. You have certainly made the right move in joining this forum as you will recieve some invaluable advice on your journey to grammar school.

I tutored my own son and bought all revision materials from WHSmiths.They have an extensive range and I think we bought them all. One of the mistakes I made, was to let my son complete practice papers in english and maths too soon, only to realise that there are only a certain amount of papers available. However, there is plenty of material on verbal reasoning.

I understand that like ourselves you are out of the catchement area but if you think that your grandson has the ability and would benefit from a grammar school education then dont let this barrier stop you.

My son was successful as I hope your grandson will be. I wish you and your family all the luck for the future.
lyndyloo

Lancaster Grammar School

Post by lyndyloo »

Thank you for your words of encouragement, I also tutor my grandson at home, which is something I enjoy enormously. If his efforts are rewarded with a place, this forum will hear the biggest screams of delight from a very proud grandmother, if not then he will have given it his best shot, so I wont be giving in to the post code we live in and will strive for the best education that his efforts and hard work deserve.
lyndyloo

Lancaster Grammar School

Post by lyndyloo »

I hope you all have your ears covered because I have just got the news I have been waiting for......YIPEEEE!! my grandson did it!!! he has just been awarded a place at LRGS. I promised I would let you all hear my squeals of delight. This forum has been a great support, keep up the good work.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Great news! yes I heard the shout all the way down south here in Buckinghamshire :lol:
chad

Post by chad »

Congratulations lyndyloo.... you must be very proud of your grandson :D
[img]http://sl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/748/748895c3fyugpiju.gif[/img]
Lancaster_Girls

Post by Lancaster_Girls »

That is fantastic news! Any tips would be greatly received!!!! My daughter will take LGGS exam this November!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now