Outer Catchment area

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Warwick mum

Outer Catchment area

Post by Warwick mum »

Hello all,
My dd has scored score removed by Moderator . We do live in Warwickshire but we heard that Bukingham schools are good. If she gets place in any of the bukingham school we are ready to move there . Can anyone please let me know which school can I apply for?

Scores of 121 or more are not relevant in Bucks - Moderator
Guest55

Re: Outer Catchment area

Post by Guest55 »

Places are allocated on distance so you will need to be realistic about chances.

Look at the Bucks section for details on the allocation profiles. If you have other children then you will need to consider any alternative school if they don't qualify.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 12&t=39654" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(Allocation in S-A's first post)

Be sure that it is necessary to uproot your family for a school place.
Warwick mum

Post by Warwick mum »

Thanks Guest 55.

But as per the allocation Profile it shows that Aylesbury and chesham school will intake outer catchment area Pupils .
I am also not sure about how may places are offered for OA ? Is it safe to put Aylesbury in my preference list ?
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

No-one can predict how far the distance will go this year; places are allocated until the schools are full.

Sir Henry Floyd in Aylesbury is the most likely to go as far as Warwick and Chesham may ... Which did you prefer when you visited them?

No places are specifically 'reserved' for out of catchment students.

North Bucks is a cheaper area for housing than Chesham but it depends on where you need to get to for work.
indiemom

Post by indiemom »

I was clearly told by Bucks CC that the last date to provide address evidence (which I believe is council tax bill with an address inside the county) is 31st Oct which means one has to be in the county much before that. But if someone moves later then they will be considered if there are places in the schools after 2nd of March after clearing the waiting list.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Yes but you do not need to live in Bucks to get an offer of a place in a Bucks school.

People have applied from abroad before ...
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

indiemom wrote:I was clearly told by Bucks CC that the last date to provide address evidence (which I believe is council tax bill with an address inside the county) is 31st Oct which means one has to be in the county much before that.
The deadline to provide evidence of your normal home address (whether inside Bucks or not) for grammar schools was 1st October.

The deadline for address evidence for all other schools (Uppers and non-Bucks schools) is 31st October.
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

Guest55 wrote: Which did you prefer when you visited them?
People visit schools before choosing them? Whatever next?
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

anotherdad wrote:
Guest55 wrote: Which did you prefer when you visited them?
People visit schools before choosing them? Whatever next?
:lol: :lol:

People actually visiting the county before they sit the 11+ in them would be nice....! :wink:
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

Guest55 wrote:Sir Henry Floyd in Aylesbury is the most likely to go as far as Warwick ...
Darn, if only I'd known .... :wink:

JD
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now