Car sharing from reading to Hershel grammar school

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Snshah

Car sharing from reading to Hershel grammar school

Post by Snshah »

Currently my son and friend's daughter are going to Hershel grammar school from Reading ,If anyone planning to send their children for next year there, we are happy to share a car.
scary mum

Re: Car sharing from reading to Hershel grammar school

Post by scary mum »

10-15 minutes by train or 45mins - 1 hour by car, so I doubt it!
scary mum
Snshah

Post by Snshah »

Actually we leave in lower early and kids are going by car so it takes 30 to 35 minutes during traffic hours in morning and and 25 minutes in afternoon to get back to house . My son reached at house around 3.20 pm. So its managable!!!
aim4gs

Post by aim4gs »

hi,
Thanks for knowing that.
My daughter qualified for Slough Consortium and fingers crossed if she get a seat in Slough schools then we will surely contact you to avail carshare.
aim4kendrick

Post by aim4kendrick »

I would be interested too
Snshah

Post by Snshah »

Congratulation for kids achievement ,and ya we will work out together affter march.
Reading2015

Post by Reading2015 »

We also live in Lower Earley and may be interested too. However, I am a little put off by the area around the Herschel school. We used to live very close therefore I know the area. Where do you park when picking up the kids? Is there parking for parents in the school or nearby?
Snshah

Post by Snshah »

Hi, there is a school visitor parking , there is a big parking in front of school main gate and there is a big parking in sport complex as well.

Mainly we use big parking in front of school main gate as it is a one way entry.
If you see on Google map, from Whitby road, you can enter to car park through Melbourne avenue and you come out to Northampton avenue, so we drop kids on front gate of school. And while picking up, we wait in a car park. Also For pick up, one can wait on Northampton avenue as well, as it is closed from other side.

So, I think parking is a non issue. Also, school is in industrial area, so, it's not good to live near by, but school has tied up with lots of industries, which gives kids practical experience.

Also, for 2015, it looks like lots of kids are planning to join Herschel, so good luck.
Reading2015

Post by Reading2015 »

Is there a bus service available too? I have been told that there is a bus service from Binfield but not from Reading, is that correct?
indiemom

Post by indiemom »

Good to know there is a possibility of car share from Reading area to Hershel. Will surely keep that in mind.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now