School catchment

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Anamika1995

School catchment

Post by Anamika1995 »

Hi

I live in Farnborough n could not find any grammar schools nearby
I can move to Surrey, can someone guide me to the schools in Surrey n how far should I be to apply for these schools
If possible a commonplace to apply for Surrey n Sutton

Thanks and regards
Anna
whichwitch

Re: School catchment

Post by whichwitch »

I don't think there are any grammar schools in Surrey. Do you mean Tiffin School and Tiffin Girls in Kingston? If so there is a list of the postcodes for their priority area on their website under admissions. It's probably somewhere on here too if you do a search. For the Sutton schools most of them have some in catchment places and some open catchment places. Check the admissions criteria for each school.
stummyuk

Post by stummyuk »

As whichwitch said - check each school's admissions criteria, which can change from one year to the next.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

How old is your child? It would be a good idea to check whether there are minimum residence requirements for any of the schools in which you are interested.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
htm123

Post by htm123 »

There are a few Grammar Schools in Surrey and surroundings: Tiffin Boys, Sutton, Wallington, Wilson, Tiffin Girls, Nonsuch...you didn't mention if you are looking for Boys or Girls Grammar Schools?
htm123

Post by htm123 »

Unlike other Grammar Schools in Surrey, Tiffin Boys has Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning Tests, is situated in Kingston near town centre, catchment area 14 Km straight line from child's door. This year children outside of catchment area will not be offered a school place even if they scored high enough in the tests.
Sutton Grammar situated behind the Shopping Centre in Sutton, catchment area post codes is including post codes KT4, KT 17 (Epsom area? from the top of my head) and some SM post codes. You need to check closely each school's admissions arrangements on their websites.
Wallington and Wilson's Boys Grammar are within Croydon zone I think.
The above schools are super-selective so unless your child will be taking and passing the tests, he/she will not qualify for a place even if your house is next door to one of these schools. Good luck.
whichwitch

Post by whichwitch »

Sorry to be pedantic but Kingston upon Thames is not in the county of Surrey. It has a Surrey postcode but is part of Greater London and as such s a London Borough.
htm123

Post by htm123 »

@ wichwitch
The term “Surrey” is a misnomer, because none of the grammar schools commonly referred to as being in Surrey are administered by Surrey County Council. However “Surrey” is used as an umbrella term for the grammar schools in the London Boroughs of Kingston-upon-Thames and Sutton.
All the grammar schools listed in my previous post for the OP are easily reached by public transport from certain households situated in Surrey.