Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

how good is this score...?

Post by Guest »

Hi all

My child got 117 on the Herschel exam,

NVR 116
VR 120
Maths 115

He had a little tuition for Maths in the last month when we discovered that he needed to know stuff he hadn't been taught but other than that was not coached.

Anyway, I just wanted some context for these results. He also passed the Bucks exam (128 and 141) so he will probably go to Burnham, I just want an idea of how well he has done - I am guessing about average for a GS pupil.

Re: how good is this score...?

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:Hi all

My child got 117 on the Herschel exam,

NVR 116
VR 120
Maths 115

He had a little tuition for Maths in the last month when we discovered that he needed to know stuff he hadn't been taught but other than that was not coached.

Anyway, I just wanted some context for these results. He also passed the Bucks exam (128 and 141) so he will probably go to Burnham, I just want an idea of how well he has done - I am guessing about average for a GS pupil.
Guest - I think you have absolutely nothing to worry about. Perfect scores all round, congrats.

Post by Guest »

Not worried at all. I know that he will do just fine at Grammar School, I was just hoping for some context.
Visitor too

Post by Visitor too »

My son got 113 for Herschel last year and is doing extremely well - just had first report, all high grades, very happy there.

Post by Guest »

thanks V2