Which is the best bus Stephensons or First Bus?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Nikkibeak

Which is the best bus Stephensons or First Bus?

Post by Nikkibeak »

I've just been on the CSSE site looking at the buses on the Chelmsford to Colchester route. It seems that both Stephensons and First Bus have a route. Does one have anything over the other? I noticed one said it goes into the bus park rather than Lexden Road. Where is the bus park? Is it far from CRGS?
moved

Re: Which is the best bus Stephensons or First Bus?

Post by moved »

DD is collected from County Hotel and dropped at school. She takes the more expensive of the two. Not sure which and she is out!

The problem is the evening drop off which is by Riverside or the wrong end of Admirals Park. I think the other bus is more flexible but we booked too late to get on as we had to wait for GCSE results.
KB

Post by KB »

Without looking, if the bus is coming from Chelmsford then it almost certainly goes down Lexden Road to get to the bus park. Does it list any other stops in Colchester?
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

By the "bus park", I think it means the area outside ColCHSG. The contract buses mostly drop outside CRGS before ending at ColCHSG. In the evening a lot of buses start from the girls school bus park before collecting from CRGS. Beware that some, like DDs, also wait for Colchester Sixth form College to finish, which delays them leaving the town centre.
However I think the First 525 does it the other way round.
annam2013

Post by annam2013 »

Hi all, I am trying to look at the prices for the buses but could not find it anywhere. Is it anywhere in the website? Apology if just me going blind :shock:
annam2013

Post by annam2013 »

annam2013 wrote:Hi all, I am trying to look at the prices for the buses but could not find it anywhere. Is it anywhere in the website? Apology if just me going blind :shock:
Got it :-) It was just me and my internet :-)
moved

Post by moved »

DD takes the 676. The best bus is, according to others, First Bus, 525. They both drop at school and collect from the hospital next to school.

First is significantly cheaper.
Nikkibeak

Post by Nikkibeak »

moved wrote:DD takes the 676. The best bus is, according to others, First Bus, 525. They both drop at school and collect from the hospital next to school.

First is significantly cheaper.
Excellent thanks :D
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

A thought, not of immediate concern, but to bear in mind for the future is that the Essex County Hospital, whose bus stop the majority of CRGS buses use, is due to close early next summer. The bus stop itself is on the main Lexdon Road rather than on the hospital site so hopefully shouldn't be affected by the major development that will eventually occur once the site is sold. But presumably the bus stop will be renamed on timetables eventually, unless they go for something daft like "former Essex Hospital"!
It will be the number of public buses that go to the stop that may be at risk as hospitals always have a greater bus supply than other areas.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now