Chances of RGS from Chorleywood

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
mum2016

Chances of RGS from Chorleywood

Post by mum2016 »

Hi All,

I am considering to put RGS for my DS assuming he would clear late testing.Is there any chance that he might be able to get a place in school based on the historic allocations. Thanks
Guest55

Re: Chances of RGS from Chorleywood

Post by Guest55 »

Is this for 2015 Year 7 entry?

How far from RGS are you? Have you checked the spreadsheet in Sally-Anne's first post here:

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 12&t=39654" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I think you would certainly have got a place last year (probably not until April/May time). This year? Only time will tell :)
scary mum
mum2016

Post by mum2016 »

Hi ,

Thanks for the replies. Yes I am looking for a place in Sep 2015 in Yr 7.
I used http://www.education.gov.uk/cgi-bin/iny ... istance.pl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; website for calculating distance. It gives me around 9.5 miles from my home. Checked the statistic on the forum and as said ...might get chance in April or May allocation . As we have relocated 2 months back from abroad my son is giving late testing in November. Keeping fingers crossed. He scored fairly good for 3 week preparation for SW consortium exams which will give him a chance for Ricky. But definitely like RGS much better . So want to give it a try. Hope he clears the exams!! .
Any suggestions on putting RGS 1st choice my CAF . Is it worthwhile ? Just confused so much!!

Thnaks
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

If RGS is your first choice you must put it first.
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

RGS is a great school, but tell me have you looked properly at chesham too, with an underground train every fifteen minutes and just a few minutes journey time, that is a massive perk.
mum2016

Post by mum2016 »

Dear Southbucks3,
Yes I have had a look at the school. Chesham is also one of the 4 options I would be putting on my form.

Will complete the form tomorrow for sure :!:
Thanks
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Good luck to your boy with his test.

Just figured out you must be in catchment for Clement Danes school....that's an amazing school?????

Anyway good luck for whatever you desire I hope it all works out for you.
mum2016

Post by mum2016 »

southbucks3 wrote:Good luck to your boy with his test.

Just figured out you must be in catchment for Clement Danes school....that's an amazing school?????

Anyway good luck for whatever you desire I hope it all works out for you.

Yes Southbucks3 SCD is in our catchment but they are being difficult. I have moved 2 months atom from abroad and they want last 2 years tenancy lease . I am just keeping my fingers crossed. I hope their governors approve the case. I have not moved from London so song know where to give prove from!!

Thanks for your wishes.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

mum2016 wrote:Yes Southbucks3 SCD is in our catchment but they are being difficult. I have moved 2 months atom from abroad and they want last 2 years tenancy lease .
That is not what their in-year admissions policy says (my underlining):

4. DISTANCE (Criterion 4)

4.1 Any remaining places that will be allocated on distance. For the purposes of Criterion 4, an applicant’s home address shall be the family home, for the applicant, at the time of application. Where an applicant has recently moved to a new address, it shall be the responsibility of the applicant to demonstrate the authenticity of the applicant’s address and that the location at that address is permanent for the purpose of the application. The school may check the authenticity of the address stated. Proof of residence may be requested and must be provided.

4.3 The Governors will consider each application and may refuse to base an allocation on an address which might be considered only a temporary address. Where a family is renting a property with a Tenancy Agreement the agreement must be for at least 12 months with no break clause and the applicant must show they have relinquished all ties to the previous address, or that the move is not easily reversible. If the applicant does not meet the above requirements, then the parental address will remain that at which the parent was resident before the period of temporary residence began.[/quote]
Do you have a 12 month tenancy agreement?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now