Head Teacher Recommendation

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

jjones

Head Teacher Recommendation

Post by jjones »

Hi,

What is a HT Recommendation? Is it always requested of GS applicants?

If so are you allowed to see the score the HT has put forward?

Thanks
kenyancowgirl

Re: Head Teacher Recommendation

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Did you mean to post this in Warwickshire?

As far as I am aware, HT recommendations are not used in Warwickshire (which has an "opt in" approach to 11+) but in areas of the country where there is a full Grammar School system (like Bucks and Kent - where everyone is entered, unless they "opt out") and are to do with their review/appeals system. It is where the Head Teacher is asked to say how suitable a child is for GS and the score reflects their ability and attitude to work, I think.
Last edited by kenyancowgirl on Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

jjones wrote: What is a HT Recommendation? Is it always requested of GS applicants?
This does sound like the Bucks system.
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... laneous#e9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I doubt that it is used in Warwickshire.
Etienne
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

Our Warks HT told me that when the results and allocations used to come out together in March, she would receive the list a week or so beforehand and be able to feedback to the LA about suitability. Since the system has changed, she hasn't received any early info or indeed been asked for any input. The staff find out where each child is headed by asking them!

JD
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now