Bonfire Night

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Blitz

Bonfire Night

Post by Blitz »

Found a great video that shows what would have happened if Guy Fawkes succeeded in his plot. 36 barrels of gunpowder going up in smoke.

A really WOW video! Enjoy!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eFytcsA9mU8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
southbucks3

Re: Bonfire Night

Post by southbucks3 »

Cool explosion!

I am actually amazed that such a huge amount of preparation and thought ended how it did, so much back stabbing and scheming contributed to his failiure though, just goes to show that the pen can be mightier than the sword, or in this case the ton of gunpowder.
KB

Post by KB »

DS had to do an essay once on whether it every existed or was actually a Protestant plot. Wish I could remember the details but was fascinating.
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

Awesome

Because of my scaredycat dog being terrified of fireworks, we couldn't leave her alone to go to a display. Instead I played a utube video of the 2012 London New Year's Eve display. It was brilliant.
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Stressed?Moi? wrote:Awesome

Because of my scaredycat dog being terrified of fireworks, we couldn't leave her alone to go to a display. Instead I played a utube video of the 2012 London New Year's Eve display. It was brilliant.

Awww, bless.
At least you were not grovelling round the bottom of hedges with a torch, finding ducks that had been traumatised once by son bouncing on the trampoline they were sitting under in a somewhat stupid attempt to get them to go to bed, then by the local firework display noise presumably sparking an evolved imprint in their tiny brains to hide at the first sound of a gun! Oh...in the pouring rain. :twisted:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now