Newstead score vs Kent/Bexley

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Bobbysox

Newstead score vs Kent/Bexley

Post by Bobbysox »

For those who sat all 3 exams this year, did anyone else notice the newstead score as being markedly lower than the other 2?

Just wondering if the newstead test is actually harder or if my daughter just had an off day! She did pass but as I say, the score isn't in line with the other tests at all!
DadDee

Re: Newstead score vs Kent/Bexley

Post by DadDee »

Hi Bobbysox

My daughter also did fare worse at the Newstead Wood test, surprisingly in the verbal part. Verbal reasoning is her strength. She scored just below the projected cutoff i.e. 217, so is unlikely to get in. DD did extremely well at the Kent and Bexley test, though we didn't really prepare for them.

I don't think the Newstead test was harder, as most of her school friends (including the ones she generally outperforms) did quite well at the test. She thought the Newstead Wood test was the easiest and can't remember anything that was hard or could explain the score. Still not sure what went wrong. My guesses

-> since Newstead Wood exam was 2 weeks after the other test, she was just tired or complacent
-> marked the answers in the wrong boxes

DD
onlyson

Post by onlyson »

We also found the same as DD said she found Kent the easiest,Bexley the most difficult and Newstead in the middle(she came out of the NW test smiling and very happy). She ended with a top 180 score for Bexley and she was quite surprised to get a lower score for NW (thankfully enough for a place going by pass cut off scores). I can only conclude that the the Newstead test must be trickier than the girls realise... :?:
Mumsy77

Post by Mumsy77 »

My DD found NW easy but only scored 202, she found Bexley hardest and got 234 and Kent 394...we're not fussed about NW seeing as she passed kent and Bexley. NW would have been a difficult journey by bus as its already about 40 mins by car from home.
MerlinFromCamelot

Post by MerlinFromCamelot »

A girl DD met at Brownies did not pass Bexley, passed Kent but not sure if the score is high enough as OCC. Her mum is confident to get in to Newstead as she got a very high score.

DD did well in the Bexley test but got a higher score in Kent. Exactly same scenario as DD1 now 4 years ago...
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now