King Edwards High School

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Weasel

King Edwards High School

Post by Weasel »

My son sat wants to sit the exam for the King Edwards High School. He really liked the school and the strange child hasn't had enough after sitting the King Edwards and Handsworth 11+.

Is anyone else's kid going to sit this exam too?

Re: King Edwards High School

Post by Guest »

Weasel wrote:My son sat wants to sit the exam for the King Edwards High School. He really liked the school and the strange child hasn't had enough after sitting the King Edwards and Handsworth 11+.

Is anyone else's kid going to sit this exam too?
He must indeed be a strange child - King Edward's High School is a girls' school!
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

blimey - you are right there were no lads in my form though ocasionally the odd stray lad did appear in he corridor claiming to be looking for something but usually escaped quickly.....

seriously though someone must have some more up to date info on KES than me .... I left the girls school 30 years ago
scatshouse

Post by scatshouse »

There's King Edward VI High School for Girls but twinned with that is King Edward's School which is a boy's independent high school. Did Weasel mean that one?
Weasel

Post by Weasel »

lol you rotten lot! Yes, I meant the boys school.

It has been a very long day :!:
scatshouse

Post by scatshouse »

Hi Weasel,

I have a nephew at King Edward's, it's a fantastic school. Good Luck to your son next month.

I also have a couple of nieces at King Edward VI High, if he wants to sit that one I'll tell them to look out for him :lol:

Scatshouse.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi weasel - sorry we are rotters!!!

Yes the lads around the corridors at the girls school were from KES next door. Nice place. Hope your son gets in - I as there in the olden days when most people were there on free places.

If ever you have the time read Jonathan Coe's "the Rotter's Club", based there in the 70s - brings back memories of Birmingham at that time!

Herman

Post by Guest »

Weasel wrote:lol you rotten lot! Yes, I meant the boys school.

It has been a very long day :!:
Sorry Weasel, just teasing you. The BOYS' school is fantastic.
guest1

Post by guest1 »

hermanmunster wrote:Hi weasel - sorry we are rotters!!!

Yes the lads around the corridors at the girls school were from KES next door. Nice place. Hope your son gets in - I as there in the olden days when most people were there on free places.

If ever you have the time read Jonathan Coe's "the Rotter's Club", based there in the 70s - brings back memories of Birmingham at that time!

Herman
Is that why you developed a certain fondness for the name, Herman?
I was very confused to begin with, only realised that you went to girls' school and so must be a she doctor. :lol:

why the munster?and why the weasel? :?
many interesting characters on this forum. 8)