11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
pushymother

Any DC sitting the 2017 CSSE 11+

Post by pushymother »

Is it too soon to worry about the next child? :lol: :lol: :lol:
murphydog1

Re: Any DC sitting the 2017 CSSE 11+

Post by murphydog1 »

lol - yes, can't wait! Not! DS next time. Totally different character from DD who sat it this year - I will need the patience of a saint and a well-stocked wine fridge!
pushymother

Post by pushymother »

murphydog1 wrote:lol - yes, can't wait! Not! DS next time. Totally different character from DD who sat it this year - I will need the patience of a saint and a well-stocked wine fridge!
DS for me as well! Fortunately I have just experienced my nail biter moment with my DD (summer born).

DS (September born) is Mr worker bee so that part will be easy. My worry for him is perfectionism and anxiety. If he doesn't know the answer he will not move on to the next question. If he doesn't get 100% he is convinced he has failed the task. He is definitely glass half empty.

DD is miss sunshine and light.

"DD why did you only get 8 out of 10 on your spelling test?"

"That's ok Mummy, it is better than 7 out of 10....."

My favourite 11+ moment was when I was explaining exam technique to my DD and telling her you must always guess a question and not leave it blank because if there are four possibilities you have a 25% chance of getting the mark. If you leave it blank you have 0% chance.

Mr negative 7 year old pipes up, "but Mummy she has a 75% chance of getting it wrong though!"

Sitting the 11+ was definitely a family activity with all having to participate whether we wanted to or not....

My question is: what will the test be like next time? They have two more sittings before ours to change their minds about the test. I am sure they will keep us on our toes.

If we have a government regime change in 2015 I bet our DS will have yet another "new curriculum" to tackle as well!
MmeOgg

Post by MmeOgg »

La, la, la... I'm not listening.
DS might be sitting the 11+ in 2017 for entry in 2018.
Although, at the moment, he says he isn't going to secondary school. :shock: :lol:
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

MmeOgg wrote:La, la, la... I'm not listening.
DS might be sitting the 11+ in 2017 for entry in 2018.
Although, at the moment, he says he isn't going to secondary school. :shock: :lol:
Well, pop over to the Birmingham section of the Forum for an insight into the world of Home Education, then...
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
pinkrabbit38

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

I have 3 more DD's possibly taking it in 2016, 2018 and 2021!!! Already had DS take it 2013, now at SHSB and DD took it this year, hoping for ChCHS!!
pushymother

Post by pushymother »

pinkrabbit38 wrote:I have 3 more DD's possibly taking it in 2016, 2018 and 2021!!! Already had DS take it 2013, now at SHSB and DD took it this year, hoping for ChCHS!!
I am one of five...you are very brave....I can barely handle two....
murphydog1

Post by murphydog1 »

Five lots of 11+ stress - oh my goodness!

Pushymother - fair play to your seven-year old for knowing his percentages! He sounds quite a character.

No, with hindsight, I think I will look back on this year's experience with DD as being relatively stress-free (although it definitely didn't feel that way at the time). She is a born bookworm and (within reason) is happy to get on with her work. Toe-rag DS is certainly bright enough for 11+ (his levels are exactly the same as DD's levels at end of Yr 3) but he just can't be bothered. He is a firm believer that reading is a waste of playing time. Maths is his thing, but that will only get him so far. Both of my DCs are September born (expensive month for us) so that isn't the issue here. Not going to think about it yet though or I will spend the next 3 years slowly driving myself crazy!
fausto

Post by fausto »

I was thinking of entering the dog as I'll be missing it by then.
mclm

Post by mclm »

We'll be doing it in 2017. 3rd & final time thank goodness.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now