Clubs.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
scarlett

Clubs.

Post by scarlett »

My older son does absolutely nothing in his spare time as unlike his brother, he just isn't very sporty. He is interested in photography and art and was wondering if anyone here in Kent (Maidstone, Sevenoaks or Tunbridge Wells area )know of a photography club which would be suitable for teenagers? (he is nearly 15) or any art clubs...they all seem to be pre school type crafty clubs. He is into running so also, any running clubs for young people?? or any other ideas? Thanks :D
fatbananas

Re: Clubs.

Post by fatbananas »

Have you looked at invictacameraclubmaidstone.co.uk ? Students are£20pa. They run competitions etc.

There is also maidstonecameraclub.org.uk.

These aren't personal recommendations. I just had a quick search ... Instead of sorting out the laundry :oops:
Seize the day ... before it seizes you.
confusedmum.com

Post by confusedmum.com »

I am sorry but I dont know about photography clubs but there is Tonbridge Athletics Club (TAC) on a Tuesday and / or Thursday evening. For middle to distance runners it takes place at Judd in the Winter and Tonbridge School in the summer and for shorter distance they just based at Tonbridge School. They are split into age groups - so your DS would be with kids his own age. My boys really enjoy it.

Hope that helps.
anotherworriedmum

Post by anotherworriedmum »

I am not sure where you are but we have parkrun near us http://www.parkrun.org.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; which caters for juniors and also tri/athletics clubs often have junior sections eg http://www.twharriers.org.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
doodles

Post by doodles »

There's a camera club in Sevenoaks too, not sure how many "juniors" it has. Tonbridge Athletics Club is great.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Thanks everyone :D we shall look into all the suggestions. He's just signed up for Duke Of Edinburgh's , so might not have any spare time !!
Colmans

Post by Colmans »

scarlett wrote:Thanks everyone :D we shall look into all the suggestions. He's just signed up for Duke Of Edinburgh's , so might not have any spare time !!
Duke of Edinburgh is a good choice and is generally viewed positively by employers when he starts job hunting.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now