Christmas Presents through Wilson's School, WCGS Amazon Link

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
CoolParent123

Christmas Presents through Wilson's School, WCGS Amazon Link

Post by CoolParent123 »

Dear Parents,

While you visit the Home Page of Wilson's School and Wallington Boys website, you will find an Amazon Link on their Home page.

It is the same Amazon link as the original with a special identification through which school website it is been accessed.
Any purchases made through this Amazon link, the School will get a share of the profit margin from Amazon.

Last year, Wilson's generated more than one thousand pounds for school funds during Christmas alone. Wallington Boys generated good funds too. We, the parents are always encouraged by the school to do so.

If your DS is studying in either of these schools or you intend to send them in future and if you frequently use Amazon for your purchases, please access the school URL / Website Link.

By doing so, you will not only contribute to the school funding but also to the Sutton Council indirectly.

I am not sure if other selective schools in Sutton (NS / Wallington Girls / SGS) have such a link in their school website. If yes, please do visit them to make purchases especially for this Christmas.

This is just a voluntary if you wish to do so.

Thanks in advance for your contribution.
Guest55

Re: Christmas Presents through Wilson's School, WCGS Amazon

Post by Guest55 »

I think advertising on a school website is not a good idea - I'm not against schools trying to find funding but an explicit link like this is another thing.
CoolParent123

Post by CoolParent123 »

Apologies Guest55.

I mentioned in my post as a Voluntary and stated two schools not just one. So my intention is not promoting any single school.
Any other schools in Sutton which have a similar link, parents are encouraged to access it too.

Still, if the moderator considers, this as a promotion or advertising, please feel free to delete the post.
panicattack

Post by panicattack »

For grammar schools trying to raise cash, a commission via Amazon purchases is quite an imaginative idea one would think. Reckon Sutton Grammar and Tiffin schools should try this, too.

So many people buy goods via Amazon nowadays that if your kids' school can also benefit just by accessing via a special link that must be a good thing.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now