Langley Grammer

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

harrowboy

Langley Grammer

Post by harrowboy »

Could someone explain to me the selection at Langley Grammer. If someone get a 'pass', which is set at 111, then will a place is secured when the score exceeds the pass level? If not guaranteed, then what would be the marks you could be confidently say is through?
Please some one advice me on this?
Regards
Logan
quest

Re: Langley Grammer

Post by quest »

harrowboy wrote:Could someone explain to me the selection at Langley Grammer. If someone get a 'pass', which is set at 111, then will a place is secured when the score exceeds the pass level? If not guaranteed, then what would be the marks you could be confidently say is through?
Regards
Logan
After the results school set up the marks like 115 ( for Ex)and over they will deceide you need to phone the school and find out. then the waiting list goes
harrowboy2

Post by harrowboy2 »

quest wrote:
harrowboy wrote:Could someone explain to me the selection at Langley Grammer. If someone get a 'pass', which is set at 111, then will a place is secured when the score exceeds the pass level? If not guaranteed, then what would be the marks you could be confidently say is through?
Regards
Logan
After the results school set up the marks like 115 ( for Ex)and over they will deceide you need to phone the school and find out. then the waiting list goes

Thank you for the reply. I have just poken to the school aswell. I was told they plan to set at 120, the sam as last year. But, my son got only 117? Will there any chance?
dd's mum

Post by dd's mum »

harrowboy2 wrote:
quest wrote:
Regards
Logan

Thank you for the reply. I have just poken to the school aswell. I was told they plan to set at 120, the sam as last year. But, my son got only 117? Will there any chance?
please read
http://www.langley-grammar.slough.sch.u ... speech.pdf
chad

Post by chad »

Historically Langley have offered from 120 in the first allocation... we have been told that they offered to 115/116 for the final allocations. There is no way of knowing how it will pan out this year. :roll:
Road Runner

Post by Road Runner »

Hi there

If it helps I know last year they did take children in on 117. They will start at 120 as they get over subscribed so need to work backwards.