How are results sent out (MGS and other North West Schools)

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Vicster

How are results sent out (MGS and other North West Schools)

Post by Vicster »

Does anybody know whether entrance exam results and offers are sent out by post or by email? I am thinking specifically of MGS, Stockpor Grammar, Kings Macc and Cheadle Hulme. I know the results from these schools are due to be posted out on 2nd or 3rd March (exams to be sat in January), but do they send then by email as well as snail mail and do they also inform the current school of any offers?
Ladymuck

Re: How are results sent out (MGS and other North West Schoo

Post by Ladymuck »

Deleted by user.
Last edited by Ladymuck on Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alexp1971

Re: How are results sent out (MGS and other North West Schoo

Post by alexp1971 »

Hi
My son is at King's Macc. The schools you mention form a consortium and follow the same kind of procedure and have the same deadlines. King's posted results out first class on Monday the 3rd March this year and we got an email at 9am the next day saying he had a place. He got a scholarship but that information was only included in the letter, not the email.
You had to respond by the following Monday to confirm if you were taking a scholarship or bursary (so they can reassign these places if they're not wanted, I suppose) and the deadline for all other places was two days after that. King's stated this was "as per the Manchester Consortium of Schools agreement".
My son's primary school was not informed.
Hope this helps!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now