First term is almost over ... :o)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

JamesDean

First term is almost over ... :o)

Post by JamesDean »

So we're off to KES's Carol Service tonight, and Friday is their last day of the first term at 'big' school, so I thought I'd start a thread to see how all our new year 7s are getting on.

Despite my reservations, he's loving the bus and has only missed it once. It sounds like a big, moving youth club, from what I can gather, and they're getting to know their conterparts at Shottery, so no need for me to worry about lack of contact with the fairer gender :)

School itself seems to be going well - no change in the communication levels, 'urgh' is the most I get so that's fairly standard! ISTs (?) home on Friday (which I'm hoping I'll understand) so we'll see ...

So all in all, a good start here - anyone else care to share?

JD
Yamin151

Re: First term is almost over ... :o)

Post by Yamin151 »

Hi JD,

Likewise, the bus after a shaky first trip has become a comedy filled hour largely, with as you say plenty of contact with the fairer sex, who all think ds is 'cute' at the mo! He is really really tired and on to his third cold of the autumn! The early starts he has been brilliant with, trundles out of bed to his own alarm at 6.15, so bus no problem. Homework has been ok, but he done still tend to get distracted and not be very focused so it takes him a long time, although he tends to see it as hours of homework, in contrast to his twin bro who does get less (?half he he class size, cover more each lesson??) and who is very focused.
I'd like to see him more organised as it should help.
Only two after school activities a week, thank goodness no more!!
Does seem to have made friends, tutor happy with him. As you say, we'll see more at end of the week.
Bit downcast at mo too as bro finished full week and day earlier! Oh well, that's life!

All in all, really impressed with how he's doing.
Reading at carol concert tomorrow so we're going to that one.
sherlock1

Post by sherlock1 »

All good here at AGS! Despite being quite possibly last one in, DD is LOVING it!
Positives - very well organised, manages all her homework independently. Loves all the different teachers and subjects. Great friendship group. Really good school report both in terms of effort and attainment.
Negatives - Tired & quite a bit more teenager-ish than before. Eats rubbish!!

All in all well pleased. Has made me realise how much DS is going to need to achieve next year, in terms of organisation................oh dear!
Warks mum

Post by Warks mum »

I can confirm Yasmin151's young man was excellent last night! It was the first year we had the chance to go to the Carol Service in the Guild Chapel as it was being refurbished last year. It's definitely to be recommended!
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

Warks mum wrote:I can confirm Yasmin151's young man was excellent last night! It was the first year we had the chance to go to the Carol Service in the Guild Chapel as it was being refurbished last year. It's definitely to be recommended!
Awwwww, thank you. I was very proud. As was every parent in the congregation, they all did us proud.

Guild chapel is beautiful.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now