Bolton Boys

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
edbarnes

Bolton Boys

Post by edbarnes »

I was wondering if anybody has any experience of Bolton boys/girls independent schools?
The test is GL Assessment and I would like to know if anybody's DC has taken their exams - do you know if they are easier or harder than the gl practice test? How many people do the test? Has anybody got bursaries on low income etc any help would be greatly appreciated. Has anybody's dc passed this but failed any of the grammars or vice versa.
Also do the Bolton schools push the children too hard/ how much homework per night?
Thanks in advance
Catseye

Re: Bolton Boys

Post by Catseye »

I'm sorry no one has responding to your query.

this is a very S.E centric forum, most here think the edge of universe if somewhere between the Watford Gap and Brum!

unfortunately I know little of Bolton Boy's and Girls division, but the stats show it out-performs most of the 164 State Grammars and in the NW only the Alty grammars do better.

GL are quite straight forward most bright kids only need to familiarise themselves with 8x4 papers available commercially that's the main reason I prefer GL over CEM papers , no particular insider knowledge required( unlike the ridiculous farce we have with CEM where 10yr olds memorise 200 advance vocab words -yes they know all the words in terms of synonyms and antonyms but have no idea where to put them :lol: but I digress )

not that helpful wrt your query :oops:

anyway good luck
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

I'm sorry no one has responding to your query.

this is a very S.E centric forum, most here think the edge of universe if somewhere between the Watford Gap and Brum!
not that helpful wrt your query :oops:
Loads of post in general section & Bucks and Birmingham regions. So forum is not so SE centric.

Secondly, the query is about an independent school - perhaps very few forum members have experience of that particular school.

Thirdly, what would one have posted if they could not be helpful with the query OP asked.

Happy New Year.
Catseye

Post by Catseye »

Happy New Year to you and your family and all the best for the future from The Catseye family :D