Good luck to all, for the up-coming Indie exams

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Catseye

Good luck to all, for the up-coming Indie exams

Post by Catseye »

particularly for those young souls that have never been through public exams before , they will be fine :D

Que Sera, Sera
coolmum123

Re: Good luck to all, for the up-coming Indie exams

Post by coolmum123 »

Thanks Catseye,

We are in that group, first exam is this Friday and am panicking. :( DD is so able and she totally gets how to answer the questions etc but she falls apart in the exam, so am worried that she won't do well even tho she is more than capable. Feeling so stressed right now.
yummycool

Post by yummycool »

Hi we're in the same boat, stressed to the max - dd so capable but the exam environment just doesn't suit her. Feeling very worried that we won't have any schools to choose from come March - negative I know.
But its feeling I'm getting with the process ahead!
SleepyHead

Post by SleepyHead »

good luck , our first is on Friday too. Feeling so stressed too. poor dd :?
susan40

Post by susan40 »

Good luck to all !

Feeling very stressed and taking a step into the unknown here, the school has been very silent about the tests apart from it is maths, English, VR and NVR. We do not know if they are standard, multiple choice or by whom.

May the odds be ever in our favour :D
startingtopanic

Post by startingtopanic »

All the best to everyone! My DD has her first exam this Friday, then Saturday and the following Friday. After that there are interviews & auditions....

The next few weeks are going to be tough but then by mid February it will all be over!! Never again, this has been so stressful...
Kingfisher

Post by Kingfisher »

susan40 wrote:
Feeling very stressed and taking a step into the unknown here, the school has been very silent about the tests apart from it is maths, English, VR and NVR. We do not know if they are standard, multiple choice or by whom. :D
Hello Susan. Someone here might know. Where is your DC applying?
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

Someone may well have sat the exam last year.

Good luck to those sitting this week, especially those sitting in the London marathon area. Sensible food, hydration and sleep will all count! I always get the impression that the indie schools set exams which the aim of finding out what you can do, rather than what you can't.
fairyelephant

Post by fairyelephant »

Good luck everyone. Poor DC its a rotten process. Lots of fresh air, good food and reassurance in order! We were in your boat last year and the year before. Both times I felt I hadn't prepared the child well enough and they wouldn't perform as well as they should given their ability. Both times it all turned out fine! It's very stressful. Fingers crossed for everyone.
SleepyHead

Post by SleepyHead »

fairyelephant wrote:I felt I hadn't prepared the child well enough and they wouldn't perform as well as they should given their ability.

ditto
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now