Nearly over!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Fiona/Jan

Nearly over!!

Post by Fiona/Jan »

Hi,

Well tomorrow is the day of our much anticipated appeal, I hope we can convince the panel that this is the right school for our son!

I have found this appeal to be the hardest and most stressfull thing I have ever had to do, can't wait till it is over - roll on summer hol's.

Jan
chad

Post by chad »

Good Luck for tomorrow, fingers (and everything else) crossed for you.
Fiona/Jan

Nearly over!

Post by Fiona/Jan »

Hi Chad,

Thanks for your kind words.

Don't think I will be able to sleep tonight, I feel a marathon session of Soprano's comming on!!!!!

Jan
HP

Post by HP »

Hi Jan,

Thought about you more than once over Easter and logged on today to post a "good luck" message, realise I'm a day out, :roll: & I guess your hearing will be over by the time you read this. Hope it went well, I do feel your son really deserves a place at Grammar.

Do you know how long you have to wait for your appeal outcome?

HP
Fiona/Jan

Nearly over

Post by Fiona/Jan »

Hi Hp,

Thanks for thinking of us, The appeal was today.

The appeal board were very sympathetic, as for the LEA the were terrible,
as we are suing the LEA for DDA violations they would not answer any questions our barrister put too him concerning the policies it has for disabled children all he kept saying was no comment.

Our barrister thinks they know they are in the wrong and did not want to inflame the situation.

We were in there for 1.5hrs

I think the panel realised that extra time would have made a difference!

I must say it has been a very stressful time for us as a family!

The barrister says that if this appeal fails we should take it to the high court as the LEA are clearly discriminatory in their admin of the 11+ here on the Wirral.

We have to wait for 7 days for the results now !
Jan
HP

Post by HP »

Hi Jan,

Glad you had such a long hearing, nothing worse than coming away wishing that you could have had time to say more.

Will keep everything possible crossed this week for a successful outcome, I'm sure you don't need the added stress of a high court hearing. Have to say though, I doubt that Wirral LEA would want a case that highlights, so publicly, their discriminatory policy.

How is your son coping with all of this, must be tough for him, especially with SATS coming up at school and added pressures there too.

Hope you've got something fun lined up for the bank holiday to take your mind off the appeal :P

HP
Footymad

Post by Footymad »

Hi Jan,

Wishing all the best of luck for the wait..................

Fingers crossed xx.

Footymad :)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now