And the countdown begins.....

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Karma67

And the countdown begins.....

Post by Karma67 »

Only a month until we get the Selection Review results....... :shock:

To be honest I thought once I had posted the form off, I would be anxiously going over it my head, (did I put this, did I word that correctly etc), and for the 1st couple of weeks I did, but actually it only pops into my mind every now and then, which is a godsend for my sanity!!

So...How has everyone else who is going through the review process handled/coped/not coped the last couple of months?? lol

Oh and...Happy New Year!! :lol:
heartmum

Re: And the countdown begins.....

Post by heartmum »

Initially after hand-delivering the paperwork I was :shock: but fortunately Christmas and New Year Celebrations helped me be more :D :lol: but now as the day approaches I'm back to :shock:

... oh - and a Happy New Year to all EPEs too :wink: :D
Heartmum x x x
Karma67

Post by Karma67 »

I actually called up yesterday to find out exact date !! lol

Results sent out via 1st class post on Friday 6th Feb....you'd think nowdays with modern technology they could email us!! As you can tell I'm rubbish at waiting!
Dollydripmat

Post by Dollydripmat »

I'm feeling the same, had Christmas to distract me. Now I'm getting a little anxious as the time is creeping near. I've taken the stance...what will be will be.....as the days draws closer I'm not so laid back about it...I suppose it maybe as the result is pretty final at least at the moment there is a chance. Dolly ***
Karma67

Post by Karma67 »

I've been the same Dolly, what will be will be, then think.... if we are unsuccessful would it be worth appealing? lol
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi All

I've tele-ported you from Appeals to Bucks, just in case people from other areas get confused by our weird and wonderful Appeal system.

Good luck to everyone waiting for the outcome of their Reviews on 7th February. (Letters posted first class Friday 6th February.)

S-A
Karma67

Post by Karma67 »

Thanks Sally-Anne
I wouldn't want to cause any further confusion to an already confusing system!! Well in my opinion!! :D :wink:
Dollydripmat

Post by Dollydripmat »

Thanks Sally Anne

I've had the same feelings Karma if the review is unsuccessful . Not sure I could keep going. I'm most worried about my DD's confidence if it's another no at review. Even thought she is doing well at school and her grades are great she still lacks so much self believe and confidence. Sadly a result of the 11+ result. Dollyx
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

The review process is a very 'blunt' paper-based process which is nowhere as good as the previous Appeal process. However, it's much cheaper ...

Do consider going for an Appeal if your review is unsuccessful; it will consider ALL the evidence including school work.
ConfusedAylesburyMum

Post by ConfusedAylesburyMum »

After we failed at Selection Review (we were the first year of them) I did appeal for my daughter but did did not tell her. She never knew! (We had no success there but success at 12+ and she is now in Grammar school and flying)!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now