CLSG interviews

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Balhamite

CLSG interviews

Post by Balhamite »

I've had an email from CLSG asking for DD's most recent school report to look at alongside her marks and references. Do they do this for all applicants or just those they are considering for interview? :?
HotCrossBun

Re: CLSG interviews

Post by HotCrossBun »

I just checked my email, we have the same request. I think it means that our DDs are being given serious consideration which is good. Perhaps there are other girls with whom they won't bother either because the girls have done so spectacularly well, or clearly not reached the standard the school requires.

My DD attends a state primary. Maybe this has something to do with it. Does yours?
Balhamite

Post by Balhamite »

Yes she does. I wasn't sure if it's because she's borderline interview...fingers crossed!
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

AFAIK, all independents ask for reports from previous schools, whether independent or state primaries. In our case, reports were asked for even before the entrance tests. Some schools even have interviews before the tests.
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

Schools are asking for headteachers references as well as copies of school reports to parents. Mainly because lots of state primary schools didn't send back the headteachers reports promptly. It is certainly a good sign.
HotCrossBun

Post by HotCrossBun »

Thanks Ladymuck, my nerves are shredded!
Balhamite

Post by Balhamite »

I'm with you there HotCrossBun!
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

It is a ghastly process for parents and children I think. I can only say that similarly to childbirth, you will soon forget this.... until the next child!
fairyelephant

Post by fairyelephant »

Two years ago CLSG requested this for all applicants before Christmas. It sounds like they are only bothering to ask for those they might want to interview now they have the exam results. They sent out interview dates by email one week after the exam that year.
coolmum123

Post by coolmum123 »

:( oh I'm confused now because I received an email from City confirming my registration which also stated that they would be contacting my DD's school in December for her reference. Does this mean that they didn't? I didn't get a request for her school report either - shall I take it that she won't be asked for an interview? :cry: