Kendrick/Berkshire Test 2015

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
NENA

Kendrick/Berkshire Test 2015

Post by NENA »

Hello everyone,

My dd is preparing for Kendrick (and maybe Slough) schools for the September 2015 test. We are using a reputable local tutor who seems to have a good track record for Reading schools but I was wondering what everyone else is doing to prepare. I’d be happy to share thoughts /ideas if it helps us all. Looks like there’s strong competition to get that Kendrick place.
Tinkers

Re: Kendrick/Berkshire Test 2015

Post by Tinkers »

This might help.
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 10&t=29647" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You say the tutor has a good track record, however the exam changed to CEM last year, so check that the tutor is up to date with the changes and not still teaching the stuff for the old GL test.
NENA

Post by NENA »

Thank you for the link Tinkers.....

Yes, I understand your point.........and they have changed their teaching material to reflect the changes to the exam, are there any particular reference books I can have my DD study on top of the help she is getting from the tutor?

I am new to the forum and any help will be highly appreciated.
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

Hi NENA,

Welcome to the forum and hope your Dd is enjoying herself along the way too. My Dd preferred the CEM style exam to the old VR/NVR tests she was used to.

Definitely look at Tinkers Berkshire guide as it gives you a lot. For books you can have a look at this list and you may get a feel for if your tutor is covering the right kind of stuff.....http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/shop/CEM-11-PLUS/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

How did your tutor get on with 2014 sitters?

btw Tinkers - Congrats on your Mod status 8)
NENA

Post by NENA »

Thank you sonasona.

I'll have a look and get some of those books ordered.

Without giving too much away, my DD's tutor has a pretty good track record especially with the 2014 sitters. They had 3 passes including a 125+ pass, which is pretty good in anyone's books in my opinion.

The only reason I mention this is to get an idea of what other parents are doing to get their DC's Prepared for the exam, I want to ensure I have most avenues covered as my DD is very enthusiastic about the exam and don't want her to miss out.
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

Sounds promising - we are all here for you if need help further down the line :)
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Without giving too much away
It is a 2 way street. :wink:
NENA

Post by NENA »

tiffinboys wrote:
Without giving too much away
It is a 2 way street. :wink:

I think I understand what you mean, by no means am I trying to keep it a secret as to who the tutor is, my understanding is that it's against the forum rules to blatantly mention or advertise private tutors on the main threads. If you would like to know more information or if you have something to share with me, you are more than welcome to PM me and I will be more than happy to share any information with you.

I hope this makes sense.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Sorry; it makes sense about not naming tutor.

What I meant is to give more information about preparation and definitely, get more information back about test preparation.
NENA

Post by NENA »

tiffinboys wrote:Sorry; it makes sense about not naming tutor.

What I meant is to give more information about preparation and definitely, get more information back about test preparation.

I'd be more than happy to share any info I have in return for help from another parent. There's not an awful lot I know at this stage however.......
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now