12+ test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now

12+ test

Post by Guest »

My son was told by someone at school (he is in GS himself) that in the Bucks 12+ test you have to take french and maths not just verbal reasoning. I don't believe that but just would like some clarification in whats involved with regards to the 12+ test. Thanks in advance
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

RUBBISH!

It is one paper VR - do a search and you will find previous posts on this. Unless you are doing the RGS tests as they are not administered by the Local Authority.

Post by Guest »

Thank you Guest55, the test will actually be for my daughter. Most probably for Wycombe High.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Guest

I have been working on a "Sticky" to post on here about the Bucks 12+, but Christmas is rather getting in the way of progress at the moment! It may be the New Year before I manage to finish it ... :roll:

Briefly, the 12+ is take at Easter in year 7, is 45 minutes (5 minutes less than the 11+) and 85 questions (5 more than the 11+).

Note that Becky High administers it's own 12+ procedure as well as RGS.

Sally-Anne

Post by Guest »

Thank you Sally-Anne, looking forward to the 'sticky' post
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Guest

Its not quite rubbish.

If you are applying for years 7, 8 and 9 in most cases its just VR however if you are applying for RGS or Beaconsfield High, then yes it is a cross curricular testing, including Maths, Science English and a Modern Foreign language.

If you are applying for years 10 and 11 then ALL schools have their own individual testing, which again is cross curricular.

Patricia
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Yes - but I would not say that these others are the 'Bucks 12+' ! :lol:
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Guest55

The last time I looked both RGS and Beaconsfield High were/are, Bucks Schools allowing children to take the 12+ :lol:
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Yes - but you apply direct to the schools not through County Hall - therefore I do not consider them to be the 'Bucks 12+' they are their own 12+. A subtle difference I admit

:lol:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now